|Drugs search, click the first letter of a drug name:
| A | B | C | D | E | F | G | H | I | J | K | L | M | N | O | P | Q | R | S | T | U | V | W | X | Y | Z | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 8 | 9 Home
Generic Name: Vardenafil (var-DEN-a-fill)
Brand Name: Levitra
Vardenafil is used for:
Treating sexual function problems in men, such as impotence or erectile dysfunction.
Vardenafil is a phosphodiesterase inhibitor. It works by helping the blood flow into the penis to achieve and maintain an erection.
Do NOT use Vardenafil if:
- you are allergic to any ingredient in Vardenafil
- you are taking or using nitroglycerin (eg, tablet, patch, ointment), nitrates (eg, isosorbide), or certain antiarrhythmics (eg, amiodarone, quinidine)
- you have had a heart attack, stroke, or life-threatening irregular heartbeat within the past 6 months
- you have certain eye problems (eg, retina diseases such as retinitis pigmentosa), uncontrolled chest pain, uncontrolled high blood pressure, low
blood pressure, irregular heartbeat (eg, congenital QT prolongation), severe heart failure, severe liver problems, or end-stage kidney disease that requires dialysis
Contact your doctor or health care provider right away if any of these apply to you.
Before using Vardenafil :
Some medical conditions may interact with Vardenafil . Tell your doctor or pharmacist if you have any medical conditions, especially if any of the following apply to you:
- if you are taking any prescription or nonprescription medicine, herbal preparation, or dietary supplement
- if you have allergies to medicines, foods, or other substances
- if you have a history of heart problems (eg, cardiomyopathy), congestive heart failure, irregular heartbeat, blood pressure problems, cancer of the blood (eg, leukemia, myeloma), bleeding disorders, kidney or liver problems, eye problems, or if you have ever had severe vision loss
you have a deformed penis or conditions that may cause a prolonged erection (eg, sickle cell anemia)
Some MEDICINES MAY INTERACT with Vardenafil . Tell your health care provider if you are taking any other medicines, especially any of the following:
- Alpha-blockers (eg, prazosin), delavirdine, HIV protease inhibitors
(eg, ritonavir), imidazoles (eg, itraconazole), ketolides (eg, telithromycin), macrolides (eg, erythromycin), or quinolones (eg, moxifloxacin) because the risk of side effects, such as low blood pressure, a prolonged erection, or irregular heartbeat, may be increased
- Certain antiarrhythmics (eg, amiodarone, quinidine), nitrates (eg, isosorbide), or nitroglycerin
because the risk of side effects, such as irregular heartbeat and severe low blood pressure, may be increased
This may not be a complete list of all interactions that may occur. Ask your health care provider if Vardenafil may interact with other medicines that you take. Check with your health care provider before you start, stop, or change the dose of any medicine.
How to use Vardenafil :
Use Vardenafil as directed by your doctor. Check the label on the medicine for exact dosing instructions.
- Vardenafil comes with an additional patient leaflet. Read it carefully and reread it each time you get Vardenafil refilled.
- Vardenafil may be taken with or without food.
- Take Vardenafil by mouth about 1 hour before sexual activity.
- Do not take Vardenafil more often than once daily as needed.
- If you miss a dose of Vardenafil , take it as soon as you remember. Continue
to take it as directed by your doctor.
Ask your health care provider any questions you may have about how to use Vardenafil .
Important safety information:
- Vardenafil may cause dizziness, blurred vision, fainting, or lightheadedness. Do not drive, operate machinery, or do anything else that could be dangerous until you know how you react to Vardenafil . Using Vardenafil alone, with certain other medicines, or with alcohol may lessen your ability to drive or perform other potentially dangerous tasks.
- To minimize dizziness or lightheadedness, sit up or stand slowly when rising from a seated or lying position.
- Vardenafil may rarely cause a painful penile erection, which can last for long periods of time and is not related to sexual activity. If not treated immediately, this may lead to permanent erectile dysfunction or impotence (not being able to have or maintain an erection for sexual
- Do not use Vardenafil if your doctor has advised you to avoid sexual activity because of heart problems.
- Vardenafil does not protect against sexually transmitted diseases, including HIV infection. Use "safe sex" practices such as latex condoms.
- Use Vardenafil with caution in the ELDERLY because they may be more sensitive to its effects.
- Vardenafil is not recommended for use in CHILDREN.
- PREGNANCY and BREAST-FEEDING: It is not known if Vardenafil can cause harm to the developing fetus. If you become pregnant while taking Vardenafil , discuss with your doctor the benefits and risks of using Vardenafil during pregnancy. It is unknown if Vardenafil is excreted in breast milk. If you are or will be breast-feeding while you are using Vardenafil , check with your doctor or pharmacist to discuss the risks to your baby.
Possible side effects of Vardenafil :
All medicines may cause side effects, but many people have no, or minor, side effects. Check with your doctor if any of these most COMMON side effects persist or become bothersome:
Seek medical attention right away if any of these SEVERE side effects occur:
Dizziness; flushing; headache; lightheadedness; nasal stuffiness or runny nose; nausea; upset stomach.
Severe allergic reactions (rash; hives; difficulty breathing; tightness in the chest; swelling of the mouth, face, lips, or tongue); chest pain; fainting;
irregular heartbeat; nausea; painful or prolonged erection (lasting more than 4 hours); severe dizziness;
unusual vision changes or loss of vision.
This is not a complete list of all side effects that may occur. If you have questions or need medical advice about side effects, contact your doctor or health care provider. You may report side effects to the FDA at 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088) or at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch.
If OVERDOSE is suspected:
Contact 1-800-222-1222 (the American Association of Poison Control Centers), your local poison control center (http://www.aapcc.org/findyour.htm), or emergency room immediately. Symptoms may include fainting; prolonged erection; severe dizziness.
Proper storage of Vardenafil :
Store Vardenafil at room temperature, 77 degrees F (25 degrees C). Store away from heat, moisture, and light. Do not store in the bathroom. Brief storage at temperatures between 59 and 86 degrees F (15 and 30 degrees C)
is permitted. Keep Vardenafil out of the reach of children and away from pets.
- If you have any questions about Vardenafil , please talk with your doctor, pharmacist, or other health care provider.
- Vardenafil is to be used only by the patient for whom it is prescribed. Do not share it with other people.
- If your
symptoms do not improve or if they become worse, check with your doctor.
This information is a summary only. It does not contain all information about Vardenafil . If you have questions about the medicine you are taking or would like more information, check with your doctor, pharmacist, or other health care provider.
Issue Date: November 1, 2006
Database Edition 06.4.1.002
Copyright © 2006 Wolters Kluwer Health, Inc.
Where can I get more information about Vardenafil ? We recommend to use www.Drugs.com
Typical mistypes for Vardenafil
cardenafil, bardenafil, gardenafil, fardenafil, vzrdenafil, vsrdenafil, vwrdenafil, vqrdenafil, vaedenafil, vaddenafil, vafdenafil, vatdenafil, va5denafil, va4denafil, varsenafil, varxenafil, varcenafil, varfenafil, varrenafil, vareenafil, vardwnafil, vardsnafil, varddnafil, vardrnafil, vard4nafil, vard3nafil, vardebafil, vardemafil, vardejafil, vardehafil, vardenzfil, vardensfil, vardenwfil, vardenqfil, vardenadil, vardenacil, vardenavil, vardenagil, vardenatil, vardenaril, vardenaful, vardenafjl, vardenafkl, vardenafol, vardenaf9l, vardenaf8l, vardenafik, vardenafip, vardenafio, ardenafil, vrdenafil, vadenafil, varenafil, vardnafil, vardeafil, vardenfil, vardenail, vardenafl, vardenafi, avrdenafil, vradenafil, vadrenafil, varednafil, vardneafil, vardeanfil, vardenfail, vardenaifl, vardenafli, vvardenafil, vaardenafil, varrdenafil, varddenafil, vardeenafil, vardennafil, vardenaafil, vardenaffil, vardenafiil, vardenafill, etc.
|© Copyright by drug-information.ru 2001-2019. All rights reserved|