|Drugs search, click the first letter of a drug name:
| A | B | C | D | E | F | G | H | I | J | K | L | M | N | O | P | Q | R | S | T | U | V | W | X | Y | Z | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 8 | 9 Home
Generic Name: Chlorpheniramine/Phenylephrine Tablets (klor-fen-IHR-ah-meen/fen-il-EF-rin)
Brand Name: Examples include Ny-Tannic and Rynatan
Rynatan is used for:
Relieving symptoms of sinus congestion, sinus pressure, runny nose, and sneezing due to colds, upper respiratory infections, and allergies. It may also be used for other conditions as determined by your doctor.
Rynatan is an antihistamine and decongestant combination. The antihistamine works by blocking the action of histamine, which helps reduce symptoms such as watery eyes and sneezing. The decongestant promotes sinus and nasal drainage, relieving congestion and pressure.
Do NOT use Rynatan if:
- you are allergic to any ingredient in Rynatan
- you have severe high blood pressure, severe heart blood
vessel disease, rapid heartbeat, or severe heart problems
- you are taking sodium oxybate (GHB), or you have taken furazolidone or a monoamine oxidase (MAO) inhibitor (eg, phenelzine) within the last 14 days
Contact your doctor or health care provider right away if any of these apply to you.
Before using Rynatan :
Some medical conditions may interact with Rynatan . Tell your doctor or pharmacist if you have any medical conditions, especially if any of the following apply to you:
- if you are pregnant, planning to become pregnant, or are breast-feeding
- if you are taking any prescription or nonprescription medicine, herbal preparation, or dietary supplement
- if you have allergies to medicines, foods, or other substances
- if you have a fast, slow, or irregular heartbeat
- if you have a history of asthma, lung problems (eg, emphysema), adrenal gland
problems (eg, adrenal gland tumor), heart problems, high blood pressure, diabetes, heart blood vessel problems, stroke, glaucoma, a blockage of your stomach or intestines, ulcers, a blockage of your bladder, trouble urinating, an enlarged prostate, seizures, or an overactive thyroid
Some MEDICINES MAY INTERACT with Rynatan . Tell your health care provider if you are taking any other medicines, especially any of the following:
- Beta-blockers (eg, propranolol), catechol-O-methyltransferase (COMT)
inhibitors (eg, tolcapone), furazolidone, indomethacin, MAO inhibitors (eg, phenelzine), sodium oxybate (GHB), or tricyclic antidepressants (eg, amitriptyline) because they may increase the risk of Rynatan "s side
- Digoxin or droxidopa because the risk of irregular heartbeat or heart attack may be increased
- Bromocriptine or hydantoins (eg, phenytoin) because the risk of their side effects may be increased by Rynatan
- Guanethidine, guanadrel, mecamylamine, methyldopa, or reserpine because their effectiveness may be decreased by Rynatan
This may not be a complete list of all interactions that may occur. Ask your health care provider if Rynatan may interact with other medicines that you take. Check with your health care provider before you start, stop, or change the dose of any medicine.
How to use Rynatan :
Use Rynatan as directed by your doctor. Check the label on the medicine for exact dosing instructions.
- Rynatan may be taken with or without food.
- If you miss a dose of Rynatan , take it as soon as possible. If it is almost time for your next dose, skip the missed
dose and go back to your regular dosing schedule. Do not take 2 doses at once.
Ask your health care provider any questions you may have about how to use Rynatan .
Important safety information:
- Rynatan may cause dizziness, drowsiness, or blurred vision. Do not drive, operate machinery, or do anything else that could be dangerous until you know how you react to Rynatan . Using Rynatan alone, with certain other medicines, or with alcohol may lessen your ability to drive or perform other potentially dangerous tasks.
- Do not take nonprescription medicines that contain stimulants, such as products used for dieting (appetite suppressants) without checking with you doctor.
- Do NOT exceed the recommended dose or take Rynatan for longer than prescribed without checking with your doctor.
- If your symptoms do not improve within 5 to 7 days or if they become worse, consult your doctor.
medicine may cause increased sensitivity to the sun. Avoid exposure to the sun, sunlamps, or tanning booths until you know how you react to Rynatan . Use a sunscreen or wear protective clothing if you must be outside for a prolonged period.
- If you are scheduled for allergy skin testing, do not take Rynatan for several days before the test because it may decrease your response to the skin tests.
- Before you have any medical or dental treatments, emergency care, or surgery, tell the doctor or dentist that you are using Rynatan .
- Use Rynatan with caution in the ELDERLY because they may be more sensitive to its effects.
- Use Rynatan with caution in CHILDREN because they may be more sensitive to its effects.
- PREGNANCY and BREAST-FEEDING: If you become pregnant while taking Rynatan , discuss with your doctor the benefits and risks of using Rynatan during pregnancy. It is
unknown if Rynatan is excreted in breast milk. Do not breast-feed while taking Rynatan .
Possible side effects of Rynatan :
All medicines may cause side effects, but many people have no, or minor, side effects. Check with your doctor if any of these most COMMON side effects persist or become bothersome:
Seek medical attention right away if any of these SEVERE side effects occur:
Constipation; diarrhea; dizziness; drowsiness; excitability; headache;
loss of appetite; nausea; nervousness or anxiety; trouble sleeping; upset stomach; vomiting; weakness.
Severe allergic reactions (rash; hives; difficulty breathing; tightness in the chest; swelling of the mouth, face, lips, or tongue); difficulty urinating or inability to urinate; fast or irregular heartbeat; hallucinations; seizures;
severe dizziness, lightheadedness, or headache; tremor; vision changes.
This is not a complete list of all side effects that may occur. If you have questions or need medical advice about side effects, contact your
doctor or health care provider. You may report side effects to the FDA at 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088) or at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch.
If OVERDOSE is suspected:
Contact 1-800-222-1222 (the American Association of Poison Control Centers), your local poison control center (http://www.aapcc.org/findyour.htm), or emergency room immediately. Symptoms may include blurred vision; confusion;
hallucinations; seizures; severe dizziness, lightheadedness, or headache;
severe drowsiness; unusually fast, slow, or irregular heartbeat; vomiting.
Proper storage of Rynatan :
Store Rynatan at room temperature, between 59 and 86 degrees F
(15 and 30 degrees C). Store away from heat, moisture, and light. Do not store in the bathroom. Keep Rynatan out of the reach of children and away from pets.
- If you have any questions about Rynatan , please talk with your doctor, pharmacist, or
other health care provider.
- Rynatan is to be used only by the patient for whom it is prescribed. Do not share it with other people.
- If your symptoms do not improve or if they become worse, check with your doctor.
This information is a summary only. It does not contain all information about Rynatan . If you have questions about the medicine you are taking or would like more information, check with your doctor, pharmacist, or other health care provider.
Issue Date: November 1, 2006
Database Edition 06.4.1.002
Copyright © 2006 Wolters Kluwer Health, Inc.
Where can I get more information about Rynatan ? We recommend to use www.Drugs.com
Typical mistypes for Rynatan
eynatan, dynatan, fynatan, tynatan, 5ynatan, 4ynatan, rtnatan, rgnatan, rhnatan, runatan, r7natan, r6natan, rybatan, rymatan, ryjatan, ryhatan, rynztan, rynstan, rynwtan, rynqtan, rynaran, rynafan, rynagan, rynayan, ryna6an, ryna5an, rynatzn, rynatsn, rynatwn, rynatqn, rynatab, rynatam, rynataj, rynatah, ynatan, rnatan, ryatan, ryntan, rynaan, rynatn, rynata, yrnatan, rnyatan, ryantan, ryntaan, rynaatn, rynatna, rrynatan, ryynatan, rynnatan, rynaatan, rynattan, rynataan, rynatann, etc.
|© Copyright by drug-information.ru 2001-2019. All rights reserved|