|Drugs search, click the first letter of a drug name:
| A | B | C | D | E | F | G | H | I | J | K | L | M | N | O | P | Q | R | S | T | U | V | W | X | Y | Z | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 8 | 9 Home
Generic Name: Hydrocodone/Pseudoephedrine Tablets (high-droe-KOE-dohn/soo-doe-e-FED-rin)
Brand Name: P-V Tussin
P-V Tussin is used for:
Relieving congestion and cough due to colds, flu, or hay fever. It may also be used for other conditions as determined by your doctor.
P-V Tussin is a decongestant and cough suppressant combination. It works by constricting blood vessels and reducing swelling in the nasal passages. This allows you to breathe more easily. The cough suppressant works in the brain to decrease the cough reflex to help decrease a dry cough.
Do NOT use P-V Tussin if:
- you are allergic to any ingredient in P-V Tussin
- you have had a severe allergic reaction (eg, severe rash, hives, difficulty breathing, dizziness) to morphine, codeine, or any other opiate (eg, hydrocodone, dihydrocodeine, oxycodone)
- you have severe high blood
pressure, rapid heartbeat, or other severe heart problems (eg, heart blood vessel disease)
- you take sodium oxybate (GHB) or if you have taken furazolidone or a monoamine oxidase (MAO) inhibitor (eg, phenelzine) within the last 14 days
Contact your doctor or health care provider right away if any of these apply to you.
Before using P-V Tussin :
Some medical conditions may interact with P-V Tussin . Tell your doctor or pharmacist if you have any medical conditions, especially if any of the following apply to you:
- if you are pregnant, planning to become pregnant, or are breast-feeding
- if you are taking any prescription or nonprescription medicine, herbal preparation, or dietary supplement
- if you have allergies to medicines, foods, or other substances
- if you have an abnormal heartbeat or other heart problems
- if you have a history of adrenal gland
problems (eg, tumor), high blood pressure, diabetes, heart blood vessel problems, stroke, glaucoma, seizures or epilepsy, or an overactive thyroid
- if you have or recently have had any head or brain injury, brain tumor, increased pressure in the brain, or infection of the brain or nervous system
- if you have a history of any lung or breathing problems, asthma, stomach problems, bowel problems (eg, chronic inflammation or ulceration of the bowel), gallbladder problems (eg, gallstones), an enlarged prostate gland or other prostate problems, or you have had recent abdominal surgery
- if you have a history of alcohol or substance abuse or suicidal thoughts or behavior
Some MEDICINES MAY INTERACT with P-V Tussin . Tell your health care provider if you are taking any other medicines, especially any of the following:
- Naltrexone because effectiveness of this
medicine may be decreased
- Beta-blockers (eg, propranolol), catechol-O-methyltransferase (COMT)
inhibitors (eg, tolcapone), furazolidone, indomethacin, MAO inhibitors (eg, phenelzine), or tricyclic antidepressants (eg, amitriptyline) because the risk of side effects from P-V Tussin may be increased
- Cimetidine and sodium oxybate (GHB)
because the risk of severe drowsiness, breathing problems, and seizures may be increased
- Digoxin and droxidopa because the risk of irregular heartbeat or heart attack may be increased
- Bromocriptine because the risk of side effects may be increased by P-V Tussin
- Guanadrel, guanethidine, mecamylamine, methyldopa, or reserpine because their effectiveness may be decreased by P-V Tussin
This may not
be a complete list of all interactions that may occur. Ask your health care provider if P-V Tussin may interact with other medicines that you take. Check with your health care provider before you start, stop, or change the dose of any medicine.
How to use P-V Tussin :
Use P-V Tussin as directed by your doctor. Check the label on the medicine for exact dosing instructions.
- P-V Tussin may be taken with or without food.
- If you miss a dose of P-V Tussin , take it as soon as possible. If it is almost time for your next dose, skip the missed dose and go back to your regular dosing schedule. Do not take 2 doses at once.
Ask your health care provider any questions you may have about how to use P-V Tussin .
Important safety information:
- P-V Tussin may cause dizziness or drowsiness. Do not drive, operate machinery, or do anything else that could be dangerous until you know how you react to this
medicine. Using P-V Tussin alone, with certain other medicines, or with alcohol may lessen your ability to drive or perform other potentially dangerous tasks.
- Do not take appetite suppressants while you are taking P-V Tussin without checking with your doctor.
- P-V Tussin contains pseudoephedrine. Before you begin taking any new prescription or nonprescription medicine, read the ingredients to see if it also contains pseudoephedrine. If it does or if you are uncertain, contact your doctor or pharmacist.
- Do NOT exceed the recommended dose or take P-V Tussin for longer than prescribed without checking with your doctor.
- If your symptoms do not improve within 5 to 7 days or if they become worse, check with your doctor.
- P-V Tussin may interfere with certain lab test results. Make sure that all of your doctors and lab personnel know that you are taking P-V Tussin .
- Before you have any medical or dental
treatments, emergency care, or surgery, tell the doctor or dentist that you are using P-V Tussin .
- Use P-V Tussin with caution in the ELDERLY because they may be more sensitive to its effects.
- Caution is advised when using P-V Tussin in CHILDREN because they may be more sensitive to its effects.
- PREGNANCY and BREAST-FEEDING: If you become pregnant while taking P-V Tussin , discuss with your doctor the benefits and risks of using P-V Tussin during pregnancy. It is unknown if P-V Tussin is excreted in breast milk. Do not breast-feed while taking P-V Tussin .
Possible side effects of P-V Tussin :
All medicines may cause side effects, but many people have no, or minor, side effects. Check with your doctor if any of these most COMMON side effects persist or become bothersome:
Seek medical attention right away if any of these SEVERE side effects occur:
Dizziness; drowsiness, excitability; headache; nausea; nervousness or anxiety; trouble sleeping; weakness.
Severe allergic reactions (rash; hives; difficulty breathing; tightness in the chest; swelling of the mouth, face, lips, or tongue); difficulty urinating;
fast or irregular heartbeat; hallucinations; seizures; severe dizziness, lightheadedness, or headache; severe drowsiness; tremor.
This is not a complete list of all side effects that may occur. If you have questions or need medical advice about side effects, contact your doctor or health care provider. You may report side effects to the FDA at 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088) or at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch.
If OVERDOSE is suspected:
Contact 1-800-222-1222 (the American Association of Poison Control Centers), your local poison control center (http://www.aapcc.org/findyour.htm), or emergency room immediately. Symptoms may include blurred vision; confusion;
hallucinations; seizures; severe dizziness, lightheadedness, or
severe drowsiness; unusually fast, slow, or irregular heartbeat; vomiting.
Proper storage of P-V Tussin :
Store P-V Tussin at room temperature, between 59 and 86 degrees F
(15 and 30 degrees C). Store away from heat, moisture, and light. Do not store in the bathroom. Keep P-V Tussin out of the reach of children and away from pets.
- If you have any questions about P-V Tussin , please talk with your doctor, pharmacist, or other health care provider.
- P-V Tussin is to be used only by the patient for whom it is prescribed. Do not share it with other people.
- If your symptoms do not improve or if they become worse, check with your doctor.
This information is a summary only. It does not contain all information about P-V Tussin . If you have questions about the medicine you are taking or would like more information, check with your doctor, pharmacist,
or other health care provider.
Issue Date: November 1, 2006
Database Edition 06.4.1.002
Copyright © 2006 Wolters Kluwer Health, Inc.
Where can I get more information about P-V Tussin ? We recommend to use www.Drugs.com
Typical mistypes for P-V Tussin
o-v tussin, l-v tussin, --v tussin, 0-v tussin, p0v tussin, ppv tussin, p-c tussin, p-b tussin, p-g tussin, p-f tussin, p-v russin, p-v fussin, p-v gussin, p-v yussin, p-v 6ussin, p-v 5ussin, p-v tyssin, p-v thssin, p-v tjssin, p-v tissin, p-v t8ssin, p-v t7ssin, p-v tuasin, p-v tuzsin, p-v tuxsin, p-v tudsin, p-v tuesin, p-v tuwsin, p-v tusain, p-v tuszin, p-v tusxin, p-v tusdin, p-v tusein, p-v tuswin, p-v tussun, p-v tussjn, p-v tusskn, p-v tusson, p-v tuss9n, p-v tuss8n, p-v tussib, p-v tussim, p-v tussij, p-v tussih, -v tussin, pv tussin, p- tussin, p-vtussin, p-v ussin, p-v tssin, p-v tusin, p-v tusin, p-v tussn, p-v tussi, -pv tussin, pv- tussin, p- vtussin, p-vt ussin, p-v utssin, p-v tsusin, p-v tusisn, p-v tussni, pp-v tussin, p--v tussin, p-vv tussin, p-v tussin, p-v ttussin, p-v tuussin, p-v tusssin, p-v tusssin, p-v tussiin, p-v tussinn, etc.
|© Copyright by drug-information.ru 2001-2019. All rights reserved|