|Drugs search, click the first letter of a drug name:
| A | B | C | D | E | F | G | H | I | J | K | L | M | N | O | P | Q | R | S | T | U | V | W | X | Y | Z | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 8 | 9 Home
Generic Name: Lindane Lotion (LIN-dane)
Brand Name: Generic only. No brands available.
Only use Lindane Lotion if you have already tried other safer treatments and experienced severe side effects or the treatments did not work. Seizures and death have occurred following repeated or prolonged use of Lindane Lotion, and rarely after a single use according to the directions. Do not use Lindane Lotion if you have a history of seizures or certain skin conditions where the skin is irritated or broken (eg, atopic dermatitis, psoriasis) or to treat premature infants. Use Lindane Lotion with extreme caution to treat infants or children, if you are elderly, or if you weigh less than 110 lbs (50 kg)
because you may be at greater risk of serious nervous system side effects. Follow the directions for using Lindane Lotion very carefully. You may experience symptoms such as continued itching after using Lindane Lotion, even
if it has worked well. If itching continues, contact your doctor. Do not use more of Lindane Lotion or use Lindane Lotion more often than prescribed by your doctor.
Lindane Lotion is used for:
Treating scabies only after safer medicines have failed or have caused side effects.
Lindane Lotion is a scabicide. It works by killing the scabies mites and their eggs.
Do NOT use Lindane Lotion if:
- you are allergic to any ingredient in Lindane Lotion
- you have a history of seizures or certain skin conditions in which the skin is irritated or broken (eg, atopic dermatitis, psoriasis) or if you have crusted (Norwegian) scabies
- you are breast-feeding
- you have used Lindane Lotion in the last few months
- you are treating a premature infant
Contact your doctor or health care provider right away if any of these apply to you.
Before using Lindane Lotion:
conditions may interact with Lindane Lotion. Tell your doctor or pharmacist if you have any medical conditions, especially if any of the following apply to you:
- if you are pregnant, planning to become pregnant, or are breast-feeding
- if you are taking any prescription or nonprescription medicine (especially seizure medicines), herbal preparation, or dietary supplement
- if you have allergies to medicines, foods, or other substances
- if you weigh less than 110 pounds (50 kg)
- if you have a history of skin conditions (eg, psoriasis, dermatitis), crusted or broken skin, HIV or AIDS, a history of head trauma or seizures, a brain or spinal cord tumor, or severe liver disease (cirrhosis)
- if you drink alcohol in excess, are taking sedatives, or have abruptly stopped drinking alcohol or taking sedatives
Some MEDICINES MAY INTERACT with this
medicine. Tell your health care provider if you are taking any other medicines, especially any of the following:
- Phenothiazines (eg, thioridazine), isoniazid, sedatives (eg, phenobarbital, diazepam), theophylline, or tricyclic antidepressants (eg, amitriptyline)
because side effects of Lindane Lotion may be increased
This may not be a complete list of all interactions that may occur. Ask your health care provider if Lindane Lotion may interact with other medicines that you take. Check with your health care provider before you start, stop, or change the dose of any medicine.
How to use Lindane Lotion:
Use Lindane Lotion as directed by your doctor. Check the label on the medicine for exact dosing instructions.
- Lindane Lotion comes with an additional patient information sheet called a Medication Guide. Read it carefully and reread it each time you get Lindane Lotion refilled.
- Lindane Lotion is for external use only.
- Shake well before using.
- Do not use other creams, lotions, ointments, or oils immediately before or after applying lindane. Oil-based products may increase the absorption of lindane through your skin and into your bloodstream, increasing the risk of serious side effects.
- Wait at least 1 hour after bathing or showering before using Lindane Lotion. Wet or warm skin can make Lindane Lotion go through the skin faster, increasing the risk of serious side effects.
- Apply a thin layer of Lindane Lotion over all of the skin from the neck down to the bottoms of your feet.
- Apply Lindane Lotion only once. Do not use it again without checking with your doctor.
- Thoroughly wash the medicine off in a shower or bath with warm (not hot) water after 8 to 12 hours. Never leave Lindane Lotion on the treated area for more than 12 hours. Leaving it on for a longer than 8 to 12 hours will not kill more scabies, but may cause serious health problems,
such as a seizure
(and in some cases death). Do not re-treat.
- Put Lindane Lotion under the fingernails after trimming the fingernails short, because scabies are likely to remain there. A toothbrush can be used to apply Lindane Lotion under the fingernails. The toothbrush should be wrapped in paper and thrown away immediately after using. Do not use the same toothbrush in your mouth because this could lead to poisoning.
- If applying lindane to another person, wear disposable gloves (made of nitrite, latex with neoprene, or sheer vinyl). Do not use natural latex gloves because more lindane can penetrate them. Hands should be thoroughly washed after applying Lindane Lotion.
- Do not cover the treated areas with bandages or other dressings that do not breathe, such as diapers with plastic lining, plastic clothes, tight clothes, or blankets.
- Discard the lindane container (and gloves if you used them) in the trash out of the reach of children and
away from pets.
- If you miss a dose of Lindane Lotion, use it as soon as you remember. Continue to use it as directed by your doctor.
Ask your health care provider any questions you may have about how to use Lindane Lotion.
Important safety information:
- Lindane Lotion may cause dizziness or drowsiness. Do not drive, operate machinery, or do anything else that could be dangerous until you know how you react to Lindane Lotion. Using Lindane Lotion alone, with certain other medicines, or with alcohol may lessen your ability to drive or perform other potentially dangerous tasks.
- Use Lindane Lotion exactly as directed by your health care provider and only for scabies. Do not exceed the recommended dose or use Lindane Lotion for longer than prescribed without checking with your doctor.
- Avoid getting Lindane Lotion in your eyes, nose, or mouth. Rinse eyes with water immediately if lindane gets into them, and contact
your doctor immediately if a burning sensation continues.
- Do not take Lindane Lotion by mouth. If you get Lindane Lotion in your mouth or you swallow it, call your poison control center right away and get emergency help.
- If you or a family member has a seizure while using Lindane Lotion, get emergency help right away.
- Do not use Lindane Lotion if you have open wounds, cuts, or sores that are present, unless advised to do so by your health care provider.
- Your health care provider should instruct you on how to properly use Lindane Lotion, especially the amount to apply, how long to leave it on the treated area, and the need to avoid re-treatment. This product can be poisonous if misused.
- If you have a sexual partner, your partner should be checked and treated for scabies so you do not contract them again. Do not share Lindane Lotion with your partner or anyone else.
- All recently worn clothing, underwear, pajamas, used
bed sheets, pillows, stuffed animals, towels, etc. should be washed in very hot water or dry cleaned.
- Itching may continue for up to several weeks due to sensitivity to mites. This does not indicate treatment failure.
- Because scabies can be easily transferred from one person to another, all family members and close contacts should be examined.
- Lindane Lotion is used to treat a current scabies infestation only. It cannot be used to prevent future infestations.
- Do not touch other people"s skin while you have Lindane Lotion on your skin.
- Use Lindane Lotion with caution in the ELDERLY because they may be more sensitive to its effects.
- Caution is advised when using Lindane Lotion in CHILDREN because they may be more sensitive to its effects.
- PREGNANCY and BREAST-FEEDING: It is unknown if Lindane Lotion can cause harm to the fetus. If you become pregnant while taking this
medicine, discuss with your doctor the benefits and risks of using Lindane Lotion during pregnancy. It is unknown if Lindane Lotion is excreted in breast milk. Do not breast-feed while taking Lindane Lotion.
Possible side effects of Lindane Lotion:
All medicines may cause side effects, but many people have no, or minor, side effects. Check with your doctor if any of these most COMMON side effects persist or become bothersome:
Seek medical attention right away if any of these SEVERE side effects occur:
Burning; redness of skin; skin rash; stinging.
Severe allergic reactions (rash; hives; difficulty breathing; tightness in the chest; swelling of the mouth, face, lips, or tongue); dizziness; drowsiness;
This is not a complete list of all side effects that may occur. If you have questions or need medical advice about side effects, contact your doctor or health care provider. You may report side effects to the FDA at 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088) or at
If OVERDOSE is suspected:
Contact 1-800-222-1222 (the American Association of Poison Control Centers), your local poison control center (http://www.aapcc.org/findyour.htm), or emergency room immediately. Symptoms may include bloody urine; irregular heartbeat; nausea; restlessness; seizures; unsteadiness; vomiting. Lindane Lotion may be harmful if swallowed.
Proper storage of Lindane Lotion:
Store Lindane Lotion at room temperature, between 59 and 86 degrees F
(15 and 30 degrees C), in a tightly closed container. Store away from heat, moisture, and light. Do not freeze. Keep Lindane Lotion out of the reach of children and away from pets.
- If you have any questions about Lindane Lotion, please talk with your doctor, pharmacist, or other health care provider.
- Lindane Lotion is to be used only by the patient for whom
it is prescribed. Do not share it with other people.
- If your symptoms do not improve or if they become worse, check with your doctor.
This information is a summary only. It does not contain all information about Lindane Lotion. If you have questions about the medicine you are taking or would like more information, check with your doctor, pharmacist, or other health care provider.
Issue Date: November 1, 2006
Database Edition 06.4.1.002
Copyright © 2006 Wolters Kluwer Health, Inc.
Where can I get more information about Lindane Lotion ? We recommend to use www.Drugs.com
Typical mistypes for Lindane Lotion
kindane lotion, pindane lotion, oindane lotion, lundane lotion, ljndane lotion, lkndane lotion, londane lotion, l9ndane lotion, l8ndane lotion, libdane lotion, limdane lotion, lijdane lotion, lihdane lotion, linsane lotion, linxane lotion, lincane lotion, linfane lotion, linrane lotion, lineane lotion, lindzne lotion, lindsne lotion, lindwne lotion, lindqne lotion, lindabe lotion, lindame lotion, lindaje lotion, lindahe lotion, lindanw lotion, lindans lotion, lindand lotion, lindanr lotion, lindan4 lotion, lindan3 lotion, lindane kotion, lindane potion, lindane ootion, lindane lition, lindane lktion, lindane lltion, lindane lption, lindane l0tion, lindane l9tion, lindane lorion, lindane lofion, lindane logion, lindane loyion, lindane lo6ion, lindane lo5ion, lindane lotuon, lindane lotjon, lindane lotkon, lindane lotoon, lindane lot9on, lindane lot8on, lindane lotiin, lindane lotikn, lindane lotiln, lindane lotipn, lindane loti0n, lindane loti9n, lindane lotiob, lindane lotiom, lindane lotioj, lindane lotioh, indane lotion, lndane lotion, lidane lotion, linane lotion, lindne lotion, lindae lotion, lindan lotion, lindanelotion, lindane otion, lindane ltion, lindane loion, lindane loton, lindane lotin, lindane lotio, ilndane lotion, lnidane lotion, lidnane lotion, linadne lotion, lindnae lotion, lindaen lotion, lindan elotion, lindanel otion, lindane oltion, lindane ltoion, lindane loiton, lindane lotoin, lindane lotino, llindane lotion, liindane lotion, linndane lotion, linddane lotion, lindaane lotion, lindanne lotion, lindanee lotion, lindane lotion, lindane llotion, lindane lootion, lindane lottion, lindane lotiion, lindane lotioon, lindane lotionn, etc.
|© Copyright by drug-information.ru 2001-2019. All rights reserved|