|Drugs search, click the first letter of a drug name:
| A | B | C | D | E | F | G | H | I | J | K | L | M | N | O | P | Q | R | S | T | U | V | W | X | Y | Z | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 8 | 9 Home
Generic Name: Hyoscyamine Oral Spray (HYE-oh-SYE-a-meen)
Brand Name: IB-Stat
IB-Stat Spray is used for:
Treating certain stomach, intestinal, and bladder conditions, including spasms. It is used to control stomach secretions and cramps. It is used to treat bladder or bowel spasms. It is used to relieve the symptoms of colic, runny nose, and Parkinson-like problems. It is used to treat excessive sweating or saliva production. It is used in combination with other medicines to treat ulcers or irritable bowel syndrome (IBS). It may also be used for other conditions as determined by your doctor.
IB-Stat Spray is an anticholinergic agent. It works by decreasing the motion of muscles in the stomach, intestines, and bladder. It also decreases the production of stomach acid.
Do NOT use IB-Stat Spray if:
- you are allergic to any ingredient in IB-Stat Spray
- you have severe esophagus problems (eg, irritation, narrowing); a blockage of the stomach, bowel, or bladder; bowel motility problems; or severe bowel problems (eg, severe ulcerative colitis, toxic megacolon)
- you have glaucoma, myasthenia gravis, or heart problems caused by severe bleeding
Contact your doctor or health care provider right away if any of these apply to you.
Before using IB-Stat Spray:
Some medical conditions may interact with IB-Stat Spray. Tell your doctor or pharmacist if you have any medical conditions, especially if any of the following apply to you:
- if you are pregnant, planning to become pregnant, or are breast-feeding
- if you are taking any prescription or nonprescription medicine, herbal preparation, or dietary supplement
- if you have allergies to medicines, foods, or other substances
- if you have nerve problems, prostate problems, stomach or bowel problems, heart or blood vessel problems (eg, fast or irregular heartbeat, heart failure, coronary heart disease), hiatal hernia, kidney problems, an overactive thyroid, high blood pressure, urinary problems, paralysis, or brain damage, or if you are at risk for glaucoma
- if you have diarrhea or fever, have been very ill, or are in poor health
Some MEDICINES MAY INTERACT with IB-Stat Spray. Tell your health care provider if you are taking any other medicines, especially any of the following:
- Amantadine, antihistamines (eg, diphenhydramine), haloperidol, monoamine oxidase (MAO) inhibitors (eg, phenelzine), phenothiazines (eg, thioridazine), tricyclic antidepressants (eg, amitriptyline), or other anticholinergics (eg, scopolamine) because they may increase the risk of IB-Stat Spray"s side effects
- Narcotic pain medicines (eg, codeine) or
potassium chloride because the risk of their side effects may be increased by IB-Stat Spray
- Metoclopramide because its effectiveness may be decreased by IB-Stat Spray
This may not be a complete list of all interactions that may occur. Ask your health care provider if IB-Stat Spray may interact with other medicines that you take. Check with your health care provider before you start, stop, or change the dose of any medicine.
How to use IB-Stat Spray:
Use IB-Stat Spray as directed by your doctor. Check the label on the medicine for exact dosing instructions.
- An extra patient leaflet is available with IB-Stat Spray. Talk to your pharmacist if you have questions about this information.
- IB-Stat Spray is usually taken 30 to 60 minutes before a meal. Follow your doctor"s specific instructions for taking IB-Stat Spray.
- The spray pump must be primed before you use the first dose of IB-Stat Spray. Remove the
plastic cover and point the opening away from yourself and others. Press down firmly and quickly until a fine mist appears (at least 3 sprays).
- To use IB-Stat Spray, hold the container upright. Open your mouth and bring the container as close as possible. Press down firmly and close your mouth. If necessary, repeat as directed by your doctor.
- Do not swallow immediately after you use the spray. Do not spit or rinse your mouth for 5 to 10 minutes after you use IB-Stat Spray.
- If you have not used the spray pump for 2 days or more, reprime before using it. Point the opening away from yourself and others and spray 1 time to reprime.
- Wipe the spray tip with a clean tissue and replace the cover.
- Do not use this bottle for more than 30 sprays even if it looks like it still contains medicine. The pump may not deliver the correct amount of medicine after 30 sprays.
- Do not take extra doses or stop using IB-Stat Spray without
first checking with your doctor.
- If you also take antacids, take IB-Stat Spray before meals and the antacid after meals, unless directed otherwise by your doctor.
- If you miss a dose of IB-Stat Spray, take it as soon as possible. If it is almost time for your next dose, skip the missed dose. Go back to your regular dosing schedule. Do not take 2 doses at once.
Ask your health care provider any questions you may have about how to use IB-Stat Spray.
Important safety information:
- IB-Stat Spray may cause drowsiness, dizziness, blurred vision, or lightheadedness. These effects may be worse if you take it with alcohol or certain medicines. Use IB-Stat Spray with caution. Do not drive or perform other possibly unsafe tasks until you know how you react to it.
- IB-Stat Spray will add to the effects of alcohol and other medicines that may cause drowsiness (eg, sleep aids, muscle relaxers). Ask your pharmacist if you
have any questions about which medicines may cause drowsiness.
- Do not become overheated in hot weather or while you are being active;
heatstroke may occur.
- Drink plenty of fluids, maintain good oral hygiene, and suck on sugarless hard candy to relieve dry mouth.
- Proper dental care is important while you are taking IB-Stat Spray. Brush and floss your teeth and visit the dentist regularly.
- IB-Stat Spray may make your eyes more sensitive to sunlight. It may help to wear sunglasses.
- Use IB-Stat Spray with caution in the ELDERLY; they may be more sensitive to its effects, especially constipation, trouble urinating, drowsiness, agitation, confusion, or excitement.
- Caution is advised when using IB-Stat Spray in CHILDREN; they may be more sensitive to its effects.
- IB-Stat Spray should be used with extreme caution in CHILDREN younger than 12 years of age; safety and effectiveness in these children have not been
- PREGNANCY and BREAST-FEEDING: It is not know if IB-Stat Spray can cause harm to the fetus. If you become pregnant, contact your doctor. You will need to discuss the benefits and risks of using IB-Stat Spray while you are pregnant. IB-Stat Spray is found in breast milk. If you are or will be breast-feeding while taking IB-Stat Spray, check with your doctor. Discuss any possible risks to your baby.
Possible side effects of IB-Stat Spray:
All medicines may cause side effects, but many people have no, or minor, side effects. Check with your doctor if any of these most COMMON side effects persist or become bothersome:
Seek medical attention right away if any of these SEVERE side effects occur:
Bloated feeling; blurred vision; constipation; decreased sweating; dizziness;
drowsiness; dry mouth; enlarged pupils; excitement; headache; nausea; nervousness;
trouble sleeping; weakness.
Severe allergic reactions (rash; hives; difficulty breathing; tightness in the chest; swelling of the mouth, face,
lips, or tongue); agitation; behavior changes; confusion; decreased sexual ability; diarrhea; difficulty focusing eyes; disorientation; exaggerated sense of well-being; fast or irregular heartbeat;
hallucinations; loss of consciousness; loss of coordination; memory loss;
mental or mood changes; severe or persistent trouble sleeping; speech changes;
taste changes; trouble urinating; unusual tiredness or weakness; vision changes;
This is not a complete list of all side effects that may occur. If you have questions or need medical advice about side effects, contact your doctor or health care provider. You may report side effects to the FDA at 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088) or at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch.
If OVERDOSE is suspected:
Contact 1-800-222-1222 (the American Association of Poison Control Centers), your local poison control center (http://www.aapcc.org/findyour.htm), or
emergency room immediately. Symptoms may include disorientation; excessive thirst or excitability; fever; hot, dry skin; seizures; severe dry mouth;
severe or persistent blurred vision, headache, dizziness, nausea, or vomiting;
trouble breathing or swallowing.
Proper storage of IB-Stat Spray:
Store IB-Stat Spray at room temperature, between 59 and 86 degrees F
(15 and 30 degrees C). Store away from heat, moisture, and light. Do not store in the bathroom. Keep IB-Stat Spray out of the reach of children and away from pets.
- If you have any questions about IB-Stat Spray, please talk with your doctor, pharmacist, or other health care provider.
- IB-Stat Spray is to be used only by the patient for whom it is prescribed. Do not share it with other people.
- If your symptoms do not improve or if they become worse, check with your doctor.
This information is a summary only. It does not
contain all information about IB-Stat Spray. If you have questions about the medicine you are taking or would like more information, check with your doctor, pharmacist, or other health care provider.
Issue Date: November 1, 2006
Database Edition 06.4.1.002
Copyright © 2006 Wolters Kluwer Health, Inc.
Where can I get more information about IB-Stat Spray ? We recommend to use www.Drugs.com
Typical mistypes for IB-Stat Spray
ub-stat spray, jb-stat spray, kb-stat spray, ob-stat spray, 9b-stat spray, 8b-stat spray, iv-stat spray, in-stat spray, ih-stat spray, ig-stat spray, ib0stat spray, ibpstat spray, ib-atat spray, ib-ztat spray, ib-xtat spray, ib-dtat spray, ib-etat spray, ib-wtat spray, ib-srat spray, ib-sfat spray, ib-sgat spray, ib-syat spray, ib-s6at spray, ib-s5at spray, ib-stzt spray, ib-stst spray, ib-stwt spray, ib-stqt spray, ib-star spray, ib-staf spray, ib-stag spray, ib-stay spray, ib-sta6 spray, ib-sta5 spray, ib-stat apray, ib-stat zpray, ib-stat xpray, ib-stat dpray, ib-stat epray, ib-stat wpray, ib-stat soray, ib-stat slray, ib-stat s-ray, ib-stat s0ray, ib-stat speay, ib-stat spday, ib-stat spfay, ib-stat sptay, ib-stat sp5ay, ib-stat sp4ay, ib-stat sprzy, ib-stat sprsy, ib-stat sprwy, ib-stat sprqy, ib-stat sprat, ib-stat sprag, ib-stat sprah, ib-stat sprau, ib-stat spra7, ib-stat spra6, b-stat spray, i-stat spray, ibstat spray, ib-tat spray, ib-sat spray, ib-stt spray, ib-sta spray, ib-statspray, ib-stat pray, ib-stat sray, ib-stat spay, ib-stat spry, ib-stat spra, bi-stat spray, i-bstat spray, ibs-tat spray, ib-tsat spray, ib-satt spray, ib-stta spray, ib-sta tspray, ib-stats pray, ib-stat psray, ib-stat srpay, ib-stat spary, ib-stat sprya, iib-stat spray, ibb-stat spray, ib--stat spray, ib-sstat spray, ib-sttat spray, ib-staat spray, ib-statt spray, ib-stat spray, ib-stat sspray, ib-stat sppray, ib-stat sprray, ib-stat spraay, ib-stat sprayy, etc.
|© Copyright by drug-information.ru 2001-2019. All rights reserved|