|Drugs search, click the first letter of a drug name:
| A | B | C | D | E | F | G | H | I | J | K | L | M | N | O | P | Q | R | S | T | U | V | W | X | Y | Z | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 8 | 9 Home
Generic Name: Haloperidol Decanoate Injection (ha-loe-PER-ih-dahl)
Brand Name: Haldol Decanoate
Haldol Decanoate is used for:
The long-term treatment of schizophrenia. It also may be used to treat other conditions as determined by your doctor.
Haldol Decanoate is an antipsychotic agent. Exactly how Haldol Decanoate works is unknown, but it may work by blocking certain chemicals in the brain.
Do NOT use Haldol Decanoate if:
- you are allergic to any ingredient in Haldol Decanoate
- you are in a coma, have Parkinson disease, or have severe central nervous system depression
- you are taking dofetilide, an H1 antagonist (eg, astemizole, terfenadine), or sodium oxybate (GHB)
Contact your doctor or health care provider right away if any of these apply to you.
Before using Haldol Decanoate :
Some medical conditions may interact
with Haldol Decanoate . Tell your doctor or pharmacist if you have any medical conditions, especially if any of the following apply to you:
- if you are pregnant, plan to become pregnant, or are breast-feeding
- if you are taking any prescription or nonprescription medicine, herbal preparation, or dietary supplement
- if you have allergies to medicines, foods, or other substances
- if you have the blood disease porphyria, heart problems, seizures, or an overactive thyroid
Some MEDICINES MAY INTERACT with Haldol Decanoate . Tell your health care provider if you are taking any other medicines, especially any of the following:
- Rifampin because the effectiveness of Haldol Decanoate may be decreased
- Carbamazepine because side effects of Haldol Decanoate may be increased or the effectiveness of Haldol Decanoate may be decreased
dofetilide, H1 antagonists (eg, astemizole, terfenadine), macrolides or ketolides (eg, erythromycin, telithromycin), phenothiazines
(eg, thioridazine), or pimozide because the risk of serious heart-related side effects may be increased
- Lithium because the risk of unexpected toxic effects, including weakness, severe tiredness, confusion, or unusual muscle movements, may be increased
- Anticoagulants (eg, warfarin) or sodium oxybate because actions and side effects may be increased by Haldol Decanoate
This may not be a complete list of all interactions that may occur. Ask your health care provider if Haldol Decanoate may interact with other medicines that you take. Check with your health care provider before you start, stop, or change the dose of any medicine.
How to use Haldol Decanoate :
Use Haldol Decanoate as directed by your doctor. Check the label on the medicine for exact dosing instructions.
- Haldol Decanoate is usually administered as an injection at your doctor"s office, hospital, or clinic. If you are using Haldol Decanoate at home, carefully follow the injection procedures taught to you by your health care provider.
- If Haldol Decanoate contains particles or is discolored, or if the vial is cracked or damaged in any way, do not use it.
- Keep this product, as well as syringes and needles, out of the reach of children and away from pets. Do not reuse needles, syringes, or other materials. Dispose of properly after use. Ask your doctor or pharmacist to explain local regulations for proper disposal.
- If you miss a dose of Haldol Decanoate , take it as soon as possible. Take the remaining doses for the day at evenly spaced intervals. Do not take 2 doses at once.
Ask your health
care provider any questions you may have about how to use Haldol Decanoate .
Important safety information:
- Haldol Decanoate may cause drowsiness, dizziness, or blurred vision. Do not drive, operate machinery, or do anything else that could be dangerous until you know how you react to Haldol Decanoate . Using Haldol Decanoate alone, with certain other medicines, or with alcohol may lessen your ability to drive or perform other potentially dangerous tasks.
- Avoid drinking alcohol or taking other medications that cause drowsiness
(eg, sedatives, tranquilizers) while taking Haldol Decanoate . Haldol Decanoate will add to the effects of alcohol and other depressants. Ask your pharmacist if you have questions about which medicines are depressants.
- Haldol Decanoate may cause increased sensitivity to the sun. Avoid exposure to the sun, sunlamps, or tanning booths until you know how you react to Haldol Decanoate . Use a sunscreen or protective clothing if you must be outside for a
- Do not become overheated in hot weather or during exercise or other activities; heatstroke may occur.
- Before you have any medical or dental treatments, emergency care, or surgery, tell the doctor or dentist that you are using Haldol Decanoate .
- Neuroleptic malignant syndrome (NMS) is a potentially deadly syndrome associated with Haldol Decanoate . Symptoms include: increased body heat; rigid muscles; altered mental abilities, including lack of response to your surroundings;
irregular pulse and blood pressure; increased heart rate; sweating; irregular heart rhythm. Contact your doctor at once if any of these symptoms occur.
- Involuntary and uncontrollable movements may develop in patients taking Haldol Decanoate . Occurrence is highest among the elderly, especially women. The risk of developing these involuntary movements and the likelihood they will become permanent are increased with long-term use and with high doses. However it
is possible to develop these symptoms after short-term treatment at low doses. Contact your health care provider at once if any of the following occur: involuntary movements of tongue, face, mouth, or jaw (eg, protrusion of tongue, puffing of cheeks, puckering of mouth, chewing movements), sometimes accompanied by involuntary movements of the arms and legs.
- Use Haldol Decanoate with caution in the ELDERLY because they may be more sensitive to its effects.
- Haldol Decanoate is not recommended for use in CHILDREN younger than 3 years of age. Safety and effectiveness in this age group have not been confirmed.
- PREGNANCY and BREAST-FEEDING: If you become pregnant, discuss with your doctor the benefits and risks of using Haldol Decanoate during pregnancy. Haldol Decanoate is excreted in breast milk. Do not breast-feed while taking Haldol Decanoate .
Possible side effects of Haldol Decanoate :
All medicines may cause side
effects, but many people have no, or minor, side effects. Check with your doctor if any of these most COMMON side effects persist or become bothersome:
Seek medical attention right away if any of these SEVERE side effects occur:
Agitation; anxiety; appetite loss; blurred vision; breast secretions;
cataracts; changes in menstrual period; changes in vision; confusion; constipation; depression; dizziness; drowsiness; dry mouth; excessive hunger, thirst, or urination; feeling of a whirling motion;
headache; impotence; increased salivation; increased sex drive; indigestion;
mild hand or leg tremors; nausea; prolonged, painful erection; rash; sleeplessness; swelling or pain in breasts;
Severe allergic reactions (rash; hives; difficulty breathing; tightness in the chest; swelling of the mouth, face, lips, or tongue); altered mental abilities, including lack of response to your surroundings; constipation;
decreased sensation to thirst; diarrhea; difficulty
speaking or swallowing;
drooling; exaggerated sense of well-being; excessive sweating; fever; hallucinations;
heat stroke; increased body heat; increased heart rate; involuntary movements of tongue, face, mouth, or jaw (eg, sticking out of tongue, puffing of cheeks, puckering of mouth, chewing movements); irregular heart rhythm; lack of energy;
lightheadedness; nausea; pneumonia; restless, rigid, or stiff muscles; runny nose; seizures; shuffling walk; tremors; unusual body movements or twitching;
unusual eye movements; unusual tiredness or sleepiness; vision changes; vomiting;
yellowing of skin or eyes.
This is not a complete list of all side effects that may occur. If you have questions or need medical advice about side effects, contact your doctor or health care provider. You may report side effects to the FDA at 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088) or at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch.
If OVERDOSE is suspected:
Contact 1-800-222-1222 (the American Association of Poison Control Centers), your local poison control center (http://www.aapcc.org/findyour.htm), or emergency room immediately. Symptoms may include agitation; muscle weakness, rigidity, or tremor; rapid or irregular pulse; slow or shallow breathing;
unusual drowsiness or deep sleep; very dry mouth.
Proper storage of Haldol Decanoate :
Store Haldol Decanoate at room temperature, between 59 and 86 degrees F
(15 and 30 degrees C). Store away from heat, moisture, and light. Do not store in the bathroom. Do not refrigerate or freeze. Keep Haldol Decanoate out of the reach of children and away from pets.
- If you have any questions about Haldol Decanoate , please talk with your doctor, pharmacist, or other health care provider.
- Haldol Decanoate is to be used only by the patient for whom it is prescribed. Do not share it with other people.
- If your
symptoms do not improve or if they become worse, check with your doctor.
This information is a summary only. It does not contain all information about Haldol Decanoate . If you have questions about the medicine you are taking or would like more information, check with your doctor, pharmacist, or other health care provider.
Issue Date: November 1, 2006
Database Edition 06.4.1.002
Copyright © 2006 Wolters Kluwer Health, Inc.
Where can I get more information about Haldol Decanoate ? We recommend to use www.Drugs.com
Typical mistypes for Haldol Decanoate
galdol decanoate, baldol decanoate, naldol decanoate, jaldol decanoate, ualdol decanoate, yaldol decanoate, hzldol decanoate, hsldol decanoate, hwldol decanoate, hqldol decanoate, hakdol decanoate, hapdol decanoate, haodol decanoate, halsol decanoate, halxol decanoate, halcol decanoate, halfol decanoate, halrol decanoate, haleol decanoate, haldil decanoate, haldkl decanoate, haldll decanoate, haldpl decanoate, hald0l decanoate, hald9l decanoate, haldok decanoate, haldop decanoate, haldoo decanoate, haldol secanoate, haldol xecanoate, haldol cecanoate, haldol fecanoate, haldol recanoate, haldol eecanoate, haldol dwcanoate, haldol dscanoate, haldol ddcanoate, haldol drcanoate, haldol d4canoate, haldol d3canoate, haldol dexanoate, haldol devanoate, haldol defanoate, haldol dedanoate, haldol decznoate, haldol decsnoate, haldol decwnoate, haldol decqnoate, haldol decaboate, haldol decamoate, haldol decajoate, haldol decahoate, haldol decaniate, haldol decankate, haldol decanlate, haldol decanpate, haldol decan0ate, haldol decan9ate, haldol decanozte, haldol decanoste, haldol decanowte, haldol decanoqte, haldol decanoare, haldol decanoafe, haldol decanoage, haldol decanoaye, haldol decanoa6e, haldol decanoa5e, haldol decanoatw, haldol decanoats, haldol decanoatd, haldol decanoatr, haldol decanoat4, haldol decanoat3, aldol decanoate, hldol decanoate, hadol decanoate, halol decanoate, haldl decanoate, haldo decanoate, haldoldecanoate, haldol ecanoate, haldol dcanoate, haldol deanoate, haldol decnoate, haldol decaoate, haldol decanate, haldol decanote, haldol decanoae, haldol decanoat, ahldol decanoate, hladol decanoate, hadlol decanoate, halodl decanoate, haldlo decanoate, haldo ldecanoate, haldold ecanoate, haldol edcanoate, haldol dceanoate, haldol deacnoate, haldol decnaoate, haldol decaonate, haldol decanaote, haldol decanotae, haldol decanoaet, hhaldol decanoate, haaldol decanoate, halldol decanoate, halddol decanoate, haldool decanoate, haldoll decanoate, haldol decanoate, haldol ddecanoate, haldol deecanoate, haldol deccanoate, haldol decaanoate, haldol decannoate, haldol decanooate, haldol decanoaate, haldol decanoatte, haldol decanoatee, etc.
|© Copyright by drug-information.ru 2001-2019. All rights reserved|