|Drugs search, click the first letter of a drug name:
| A | B | C | D | E | F | G | H | I | J | K | L | M | N | O | P | Q | R | S | T | U | V | W | X | Y | Z | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 8 | 9 Home
Generic Name: Piroxicam (pir-OX-i-kam)
Brand Name: Feldene
Feldene is a nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drug (NSAID). It may cause an increased risk of serious and sometimes fatal heart and blood vessel problems (eg, heart attack, stroke). The risk may be greater if you already have heart problems or if you take Feldene for a long time. Do not use Feldene right before or after bypass heart surgery.
Feldene may cause an increased risk of serious and sometimes fatal stomach ulcers and bleeding. Elderly patients may be at greater risk. This may occur without warning signs.
Feldene is used for:
Treating rheumatoid arthritis or osteoarthritis. It may also be used for other conditions as determined by your doctor.
Feldene is an NSAID. Exactly how it works is not known. It may block certain substances in the body that are linked to
inflammation. NSAIDs treat the symptoms of pain and inflammation. They do not treat the disease that causes those symptoms.
Do NOT use Feldene if:
- you are allergic to any ingredient in Feldene
- you have had a severe allergic reaction (eg, severe rash, hives, trouble breathing, growths in the nose, dizziness) to aspirin or an NSAID (eg, ibuprofen, celecoxib)
- you have recently had or will be having bypass heart surgery
- you are in the last 3 months of pregnancy
Contact your doctor or health care provider right away if any of these apply to you.
Before using Feldene :
Some medical conditions may interact with Feldene . Tell your doctor or pharmacist if you have any medical conditions, especially if any of the following apply to you:
- if you are pregnant, planning to become pregnant, or are breast-feeding
- if you are taking any prescription or nonprescription medicine, herbal preparation, or dietary supplement
- if you have allergies to medicines, foods, or other substances
- if you have a history of kidney or liver disease, diabetes, or stomach or bowel problems (eg, bleeding, perforation, ulcers)
- if you have a history of swelling or fluid buildup, asthma, growths in the nose (nasal polyps), or mouth inflammation
- if you have high blood pressure, a blood disorder, bleeding or clotting problems, heart problems (eg, heart failure), or blood vessel disease, or if you are at risk for any of these diseases
- if you have poor health, dehydration or low fluid volume, or low blood sodium levels, you drink alcohol, or you have a history of alcohol abuse
Some MEDICINES MAY INTERACT with Feldene . Tell your health care provider if you are taking any other medicines,
especially any of the following:
- Anticoagulants (eg, warfarin), aspirin, corticosteroids (eg, prednisone), heparin, or selective serotonin reuptake inhibitors (SSRIs) (eg, fluoxetine)
because the risk of stomach bleeding may be increased
- Probenecid because it may increase the risk of Feldene "s side effects
- Cyclosporine, hydantoins (eg, phenytoin), lithium, methotrexate, quinolones
(eg, ciprofloxacin), sulfonamides (eg, sulfamethoxazole), or sulfonylureas
(eg, glipizide) because the risk of their side effects may be increased by Feldene
- Angiotensin-converting enzyme (ACE) inhibitors (eg, enalapril) or diuretics
(eg, furosemide, hydrochlorothiazide) because their effectiveness may be decreased by Feldene
This may not be a complete list of all interactions that may occur. Ask your health care provider if Feldene may interact with other medicines that you take. Check with your health care
provider before you start, stop, or change the dose of any medicine.
How to use Feldene :
Use Feldene as directed by your doctor. Check the label on the medicine for exact dosing instructions.
- Feldene comes with an extra patient information sheet called a Medication Guide. Read it carefully. Read it again each time you get Feldene refilled.
- Take Feldene by mouth. It may be taken with food if it upsets your stomach. This may not lower the risk of stomach or bowel problems (eg, bleeding, ulcers). Talk with your doctor if you have persistent stomach upset.
- Take Feldene with a full glass of water (8 oz/240 mL) as directed by your doctor.
- If you miss a dose of Feldene and you are taking it regularly, take it as soon as possible. If it is almost time for your next dose, skip the missed dose. Go back to your regular dosing schedule. Do not take 2 doses at once.
health care provider any questions you may have about how to use Feldene .
Important safety information:
- Feldene may cause dizziness or drowsiness. These effects may be worse if you take it with alcohol or certain medicines. Use Feldene with caution. Do not drive or perform other possibly unsafe tasks until you know how you react to it.
- Serious stomach ulcers or bleeding can occur with the use of Feldene . Taking it in high doses or for a long time, smoking, or drinking alcohol increases the risk of these side effects. Taking Feldene with food will NOT reduce the risk of these effects. Contact your doctor or emergency room at once if you develop severe stomach or back pain; black, tarry stools; vomit that looks like blood or coffee grounds; or unusual weight gain or swelling.
- Do NOT take more than the recommended dose or use for longer than prescribed without checking with your doctor.
- Feldene is an
NSAID. Before you start taking any new medicine, read the ingredients. If it also has an NSAID (eg, ibuprofen) in it, check with your doctor. If you are not sure, check with your doctor or pharmacist.
- Do not take aspirin while you are using Feldene unless your doctor tells you to.
- Lab tests, including kidney function, complete blood cell counts, and blood pressure, may be done to monitor your progress or to check for side effects. Be sure to keep all doctor and lab appointments.
- Use Feldene with caution in the ELDERLY; they may be more sensitive to its effects, including stomach bleeding and kidney problems.
- Feldene should be used with extreme caution in CHILDREN; safety and effectiveness in children have not been confirmed.
- PREGNANCY and BREAST-FEEDING: Feldene may harm the fetus. Do not use it during the last 3 months of pregnancy. If you think you may be pregnant, contact
your doctor. You will need to discuss the benefits and risks of using Feldene while you are pregnant. Feldene is found in breast milk. Do not breast-feed while you are taking Feldene .
Possible side effects of Feldene :
All medicines may cause side effects, but many people have no, or minor, side effects. Check with your doctor if any of these most COMMON side effects persist or become bothersome:
Seek medical attention right away if any of these SEVERE side effects occur:
Constipation; diarrhea; dizziness; gas; headache; heartburn; nausea;
Severe allergic reactions (rash; hives; itching; trouble breathing;
tightness in the chest; swelling of the mouth, face, lips, or tongue); bloody or black, tarry stools; change in the amount of urine produced; chest pain;
confusion; dark urine; depression; fainting; fast or irregular heartbeat;
fever, chills, or persistent sore throat; mental or mood changes; numbness of an arm or leg; one-sided weakness; red, swollen, blistered, or peeling skin; ringing in the
ears; seizures; severe headache or dizziness; severe or persistent stomach pain or nausea; severe vomiting; shortness of breath;
sudden or unexplained weight gain; swelling of hands, legs, or feet; unusual bruising or bleeding; unusual joint or muscle pain; unusual tiredness or weakness;
vision or speech changes; vomit that looks like coffee grounds; yellowing of the skin or eyes.
This is not a complete list of all side effects that may occur. If you have questions or need medical advice about side effects, contact your doctor or health care provider. You may report side effects to the FDA at 1-800-FDA-1088
(1-800-332-1088) or at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch.
If OVERDOSE is suspected:
Contact 1-800-222-1222 (the American Association of Poison Control Centers), your local poison control center (http://www.aapcc.org/findyour.htm), or emergency room immediately. Symptoms may include decreased
urination; loss of consciousness; seizures; severe dizziness or drowsiness; severe nausea or stomach pain; slow or troubled breathing; unusual bleeding or bruising;
vomit that looks like coffee grounds.
Proper storage of Feldene :
Store Feldene at room temperature, between 59 and 86 degrees F
(15 and 30 degrees C). Store away from heat, moisture, and light. Do not store in the bathroom. Keep Feldene out of the reach of children and away from pets.
- If you have any questions about Feldene , please talk with your doctor, pharmacist, or other health care provider.
- Feldene is to be used only by the patient for whom it is prescribed. Do not share it with other people.
- If your symptoms do not improve or if they become worse, check with your doctor.
This information is summary only. It does not contain all information about Feldene . If you have
questions about the medicine you are taking or would like more information, check with your doctor, pharmacist, or other health care provider.
Issue Date: November 1, 2006
Database Edition 06.4.1.002
Copyright © 2006 Wolters Kluwer Health, Inc.
Where can I get more information about Feldene ? We recommend to use www.Drugs.com
Typical mistypes for Feldene
deldene, celdene, veldene, geldene, teldene, reldene, fwldene, fsldene, fdldene, frldene, f4ldene, f3ldene, fekdene, fepdene, feodene, felsene, felxene, felcene, felfene, felrene, feleene, feldwne, feldsne, felddne, feldrne, feld4ne, feld3ne, feldebe, feldeme, feldeje, feldehe, feldenw, feldens, feldend, feldenr, felden4, felden3, eldene, fldene, fedene, felene, feldne, feldee, felden, efldene, fledene, fedlene, feledne, feldnee, feldeen, ffeldene, feeldene, felldene, felddene, feldeene, feldenne, feldenee, etc.
|© Copyright by drug-information.ru 2001-2019. All rights reserved|