|Drugs search, click the first letter of a drug name:
| A | B | C | D | E | F | G | H | I | J | K | L | M | N | O | P | Q | R | S | T | U | V | W | X | Y | Z | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 8 | 9 Home
Generic Name: Amlodipine/Atorvastatin (am-LOE-di-peen/a-TOR-va-stat-in)
Brand Name: Caduet
Caduet is used for:
Treating patients who have high cholesterol and high blood pressure or chest pain. It may also be used for other conditions as determined by your doctor.
Caduet is a calcium channel blocker (amlodipine) and HMG-CoA reductase inhibitor (atorvastatin) combination. Amlodipine works by widening blood vessels to reduce chest pain and high blood pressure. Atorvastatin works to decrease your risk for heart attack and chest pain by lowering bad cholesterol
(eg, triglycerides) and raising good cholesterol (eg, high-density lipoprotein [HDL])
in the blood.
Do NOT use Caduet if:
- you are allergic to any ingredient in Caduet
- you have active liver disease or persistent high liver enzyme levels of unknown
- you are taking a fibrate (eg, gemfibrozil), itraconazole, or an HIV protease inhibitor (eg, indinavir)
- you are pregnant or breast-feeding
Contact your doctor or health care provider right away if any of these apply to you.
Before using Caduet :
Some medical conditions may interact with Caduet . Tell your doctor or pharmacist if you have any medical conditions, especially if any of the following apply to you:
- if you are planning to become pregnant
- if you are taking any prescription or nonprescription medicine, herbal preparation, or dietary supplement
- if you have allergies to medicines, foods, or other substances
- if you have a severe infection; blood infection; or a severe endocrine, metabolic, or electrolyte disorder; or you are critically ill
- if you have low blood pressure or heart
problems, or a history of heart failure, liver problems, diabetes, thyroid problems, kidney problems, muscle problems, or uncontrolled seizures
- if you have recently had or will be having major surgery (especially organ transplant) or you have recently experienced trauma
- if you drink 3 or more alcohol-containing drinks per day
Some MEDICINES MAY INTERACT with Caduet . Tell your health care provider if you are taking any other medicines, especially any of the following:
- Bosentan, carbamazepine, rifampin, or St. John"s wort because they may decrease Caduet "s effectiveness
- Digoxin or oral contraceptives (eg, norethindrone/estradiol) because the risk of their side effects may be increased by Caduet
- Amiodarone, cyclosporine, diltiazem, fibrates (eg, gemfibrozil), fluconazole,
HIV protease inhibitors (eg, indinavir), HMG-CoA reductase inhibitors (eg, simvastatin), imatinib, itraconazole, ketoconazole, ketolide antibiotics (eg, telithromycin), macrolide antibiotics
(eg, erythromycin), mibefradil, nefazodone, niacin, streptogramins (eg, dalfopristin), verapamil, or voriconazole because side effects, such as abnormal weakness of the muscles and muscle destruction (causing dark-colored urine and muscle weakness, aching, and tenderness), may occur
- Vasopressin receptor antagonists (eg, conivaptan) because they may increase the risk of amlodipine"s side effects
- Sildenafil because the risk of low blood pressure may be increased
This may not be a complete list of all interactions that may occur. Ask your health care provider if Caduet may interact with other medicines that you take. Check with your
health care provider before you start, stop, or change the dose of any medicine.
How to use Caduet :
Use Caduet as directed by your doctor. Check the label on the medicine for exact dosing instructions.
- Take Caduet by mouth with or without food.
- Take Caduet at least 1 hour before or 4 to 6 hours after taking cholestyramine.
- Take Caduet on a regular schedule to get the most benefit from it.
- Taking Caduet at the same time each day will help you remember to take it.
- Do not eat grapefruit or drink grapefruit juice at the same time you take Caduet . Grapefruit and grapefruit juice may increase the risk of side effects from Caduet . Talk to your doctor before including grapefruit or grapefruit juice in your diet while taking Caduet .
- Continue to use Caduet even if you feel well. Most people with high blood pressure or high cholesterol do not
feel sick. Do not miss any doses.
- If you miss a dose of Caduet , take it as soon as possible. If it is almost time for your next dose, skip the missed dose and go back to your regular dosing schedule. Do not take 2 doses at once. If more than one dose is missed, contact your doctor or pharmacist.
Ask your health care provider any questions you may have about how to use Caduet .
Important safety information:
- Caduet may cause drowsiness or dizziness. These effects may be worse if you take it with alcohol or certain medicines. Use Caduet with caution. Do not drive or perform other possibly unsafe tasks until you know how you react to it.
- Talk to your doctor before you take Caduet if you drink more than 3 drinks with alcohol per day.
- Follow the diet, exercise, and weight reduction program given to you by your health care provider.
- Proper dental care is
important while you are taking Caduet . Brush and floss your teeth and visit the dentist regularly.
- Tell your doctor or dentist that you take Caduet before you receive any medical or dental care, emergency care, or surgery.
- It may take several weeks for Caduet to work. Do not stop using Caduet without checking with your doctor.
- Check with your doctor before using any cough-and-cold products or diet aids because they may contain ingredients that could increase your heart rate or blood pressure.
- If you are taking Caduet for chest pain, it will not relive the pain of a sudden attack if taken at the time of the attack. It prevents or reduces the number of chest pain attacks only if you take it on a regular schedule.
- Have your blood pressure checked regularly while taking Caduet .
- Caduet may infrequently cause muscle damage. Untreated, this can lead to a very
serious condition known as rhabdomyolysis and kidney damage. Contact your doctor immediately if you develop muscle pain, tenderness, or weakness, especially if they occur with fever or unusual tiredness.
- It is recommended that women of childbearing age use effective birth control measures while taking Caduet because it may cause fetal harm.
- Lab tests, including liver function, kidney function, blood pressure, blood cholesterol, and other blood tests, may be performed while you use Caduet . These tests may be used to monitor your condition or check for side effects. Be sure to keep all doctor and lab appointments.
- Use Caduet with caution in the ELDERLY; they may be more sensitive to its effects.
- Caduet should not be used in CHILDREN; safety and effectiveness in children have not been confirmed.
- PREGNANCY and
BREAST-FEEDING: Do not use Caduet if you are pregnant. Avoid becoming pregnant while you are taking it. If you think you may be pregnant, contact your doctor right away. One of these medicines is found in breast milk. Do not breast-feed while taking Caduet .
Possible side effects of Caduet :
All medicines may cause side effects, but many people have no, or minor, side effects. Check with your doctor if any of these most COMMON side effects persist or become bothersome:
Seek medical attention right away if any of these SEVERE side effects occur:
Constipation; diarrhea; dizziness; drowsiness; flushing; gas; headache;
nausea; stomach upset or pain; tiredness; weakness.
Severe allergic reactions (rash; hives; itching; difficulty breathing;
tightness in the chest; swelling of the mouth, face, lips, or tongue); change in the amount of urine; changes in vision; dark urine; fainting; fast or irregular heartbeat; increased frequency, duration, or severity of chest pain; joint pain; muscle aches, pain,
tenderness, or weakness, especially with fever, unusual tiredness, or general body discomfort; numbness of an arm or leg;
pale stools; severe stomach pain; sharp or crushing chest pain; sudden leg pain; sudden severe headache, vomiting, dizziness, or fainting; sudden shortness of breath; swelling of your feet or legs; tender, bleeding, or swollen gums;
unexplained weight gain; yellowing of eyes or skin.
This is not a complete list of all side effects that may occur. If you have questions or need medical advice about side effects, contact your doctor or health care provider. You may report side effects to the FDA at 1-800-FDA-1088
(1-800-332-1088) or at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch.
If OVERDOSE is suspected:
Contact 1-800-222-1222 (the American Association of Poison Control Centers), your local poison control center (http://www.aapcc.org/findyour.htm), or emergency room
immediately. Symptoms may include fainting; fast heartbeat;
low blood pressure.
Proper storage of Caduet :
Store Caduet at 77 degrees F (25 degrees C), in a tightly closed container. Brief storage at temperatures between 59 and 86 degrees F (15 and 30 degrees C) is permitted. Store away from heat, moisture, and light. Do not store in the bathroom. Keep Caduet out of the reach of children and away from pets.
- If you have any questions about Caduet , please talk with your doctor, pharmacist, or other health care provider.
- Caduet is to be used only by the patient for whom it is prescribed. Do not share it with other people.
- If your symptoms do not improve or if they become worse, check with your doctor.
This information is a summary only. It does not contain all information about Caduet . If you have questions about the
medicine you are taking or would like more information, check with your doctor, pharmacist, or other health care provider.
Issue Date: November 1, 2006
Database Edition 06.4.1.002
Copyright © 2006 Wolters Kluwer Health, Inc.
Where can I get more information about Caduet ? We recommend to use www.Drugs.com
Typical mistypes for Caduet
xaduet, vaduet, faduet, daduet, czduet, csduet, cwduet, cqduet, casuet, caxuet, cacuet, cafuet, caruet, caeuet, cadyet, cadhet, cadjet, cadiet, cad8et, cad7et, caduwt, cadust, cadudt, cadurt, cadu4t, cadu3t, caduer, caduef, cadueg, caduey, cadue6, cadue5, aduet, cduet, cauet, cadet, cadut, cadue, acduet, cdauet, caudet, cadeut, cadute, ccaduet, caaduet, cadduet, caduuet, cadueet, caduett, etc.
|© Copyright by drug-information.ru 2001-2019. All rights reserved|