|Drugs search, click the first letter of a drug name:
| A | B | C | D | E | F | G | H | I | J | K | L | M | N | O | P | Q | R | S | T | U | V | W | X | Y | Z | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 8 | 9 Home
Generic Name: Warfarin Injection Solution (WAR-far-in)
Brand Name: Coumadin
Warfarin Solution is used for:
Treating and preventing harmful clots that may occur in the veins (venous thrombosis), in the lungs (pulmonary embolism), with a type of abnormal heartbeat
(atrial fibrillation), or following a heart valve replacement. Warfarin Solution is also used to reduce the risk of stroke and other problems in patients who have had a heart attack. It may also be used for certain conditions as determined by your doctor that may not be listed in the professional package insert.
Warfarin Solution is an anticoagulant. It works by blocking the synthesis of certain clotting factors. Without these clotting factors, blood clots are unable to form.
Do NOT use Warfarin Solution if:
- you are allergic to any ingredient in Warfarin Solution
- you are planning or have recently
had major surgery, surgery of the eyes or nervous system, spinal puncture, or spinal anesthesia
- you have severe or untreated high blood pressure, inflammation or infection of your heart, certain problems with your arteries or veins (eg, an aneurysm), blood disorders or bleeding problems (eg, hemophilia)
- you are unsupervised and unable to follow close directions and routinely keep doctor and lab appointments
- you have preeclampsia, eclampsia, an incomplete abortion, or are pregnant
- you have leukemia, red blood cell overproduction, or a reduced platelet count
- you drink herbal teas or take mifepristone
Contact your doctor or health care provider right away if any of these apply to you.
Before using Warfarin Solution:
Some medical conditions may interact with Warfarin Solution. Tell your doctor or pharmacist if you have any medical conditions, especially if any of the following
apply to you:
- if you are pregnant, planning to become pregnant, or are breast-feeding
- if you are taking any prescription or nonprescription medicine, herbal preparation, or dietary supplement
- if you have allergies to medicines or other substances
- if you have a stomach, lung, or urinary tract lesion; an ulcer; tuberculosis;
a catheter; a intrauterine device (IUD); recently given birth;a fever; allergies; intestinal problems; liver problems;
an infection; high blood pressure; arthritis; a mood disorder; diabetes; infection of the heart; inflammation of the blood vessels; cancer; alcoholism; or suffered trauma
- if you have a vitamin C, vitamin K, or protein C deficiency
Some MEDICINES MAY INTERACT with Warfarin Solution. Tell your health care provider if you are taking any other medicines, especially any of
- Many prescription and nonprescription medicines (eg, used for infections, inflammation, aches and pains, high blood pressure, high cholesterol, seizures)
and herbs found in multivitamin products, herbal teas, and dietary supplements
(eg, CoQ10, garlic, ginseng, ginkgo, St. John"s wort) may interact with Warfarin Solution, which may increase the risk of serious bleeding or serious blood clots
This may not be a complete list of all interactions that may occur. Ask your health care provider if Warfarin Solution may interact with other medicines that you take. Check with your health care provider before you start, stop, or change the dose of any medicine.
How to use Warfarin Solution:
Use Warfarin Solution as directed by your doctor. Check the label on the medicine for exact dosing instructions.
- Avoid eating large amounts of grapefruit or drinking large amounts of grapefruit or cranberry juice. Eat a normal, balanced diet. Avoid
drastic changes in dietary habits, such as eating large amounts of leafy, green vegetables.
- If you are using Warfarin Solution at home, carefully follow the injection procedures taught to you by your health care provider. If the medicine contains particles, is discolored, or if the vial is cracked or damaged in any way, do not use it.
- When drawing a dose into a syringe, be sure to follow the procedure demonstrated to you to prevent contamination of the vial, syringe, or medicine. Never touch the rubber stopper of the vial or the needle of the syringe with your fingers. Carefully check that you have drawn the correct dosage before administration. You must use your dose within 4 hours of mixing the vial.
- If a dose is missed, use it as soon as possible. If several hours have passed or if it is nearing time for the next dose, do not double the dose to catch up, unless advised by your doctor.
Ask your health care provider any questions you
may have about how to use Warfarin Solution.
Important safety information:
- Warfarin Solution may cause dizziness. Do not drive, operate machinery, or do anything else that could be dangerous until you know how you react to Warfarin Solution. Using Warfarin Solution alone, with certain other medicines, or with alcohol may lessen your ability to drive or to perform other potentially dangerous tasks.
- Before you have any medical or dental treatments, emergency care, or surgery, tell the doctor or dentist that you are using Warfarin Solution.
- Warfarin Solution reduces blood clotting. To prevent bleeding, avoid any sports or other activities that may expose you to a risk of bruising or serious injury.
- Do not change brands of Warfarin Solution without talking to your doctor or pharmacist.
- Do not change your eating habits, alcohol consumption, or activity level without checking with your doctor. A change in your diet, alcohol consumption, or activity level may lead
to a change in the effects of your medicine. Foods that may change the effect of Warfarin Solution are those high in vitamin K, such as liver or green, leafy vegetables (eg, lettuce, broccoli, cabbage, spinach, kale, collard greens).
- If you are already taking aspirin for a heart or other condition, talk with your doctor about whether or not you should continue taking it with Warfarin Solution.
- While you are using Warfarin Solution, brush your teeth carefully with a soft toothbrush, floss your teeth gently, and use caution when shaving.
- Carry an identification card at all times that says you are taking Warfarin Solution.
- Do not become overheated in hot weather as this may change the effect of Warfarin Solution.
- LAB TESTS, including blood clotting tests, will be performed to monitor your progress. Be sure to keep all doctor and lab appointments.
- Use Warfarin Solution with caution in the ELDERLY because they may be more sensitive to its effects.
- Warfarin Solution is not recommended for use in CHILDREN under 3 months of age. Safety and effectiveness in this age group have not been confirmed.
- Do not use Warfarin Solution if you are pregnant. If you suspect that you could be pregnant, contact your doctor immediately. It is unknown of Warfarin Solution is excreted in breast milk. If you are or will be breast-feeding while you are taking Warfarin Solution, check with your doctor or pharmacist to discuss the risks to your baby.
Possible side effects of Warfarin Solution:
All medicines may cause side effects, but many people have no, or minor, side effects. Check with your doctor if any of these most COMMON side effects persist or become bothersome:
Seek medical attention right away if any of these SEVERE side effects occur:
Abnormal skin sensations; changes in taste sensation; chills; cold intolerance;
diarrhea; difficulty swallowing; feeling cold; fever; general body discomfort;
hair loss; itching; lack of energy; nausea; pain; pain, swelling, or redness at the injection site; skin inflammation; stomach pain,
cramps, or bloating;
Severe allergic reactions (rash; hives; difficulty breathing; tightness in the chest; swelling of the mouth, face, lips, or tongue); bleeding from your gums while brushing your teeth; blood in urine; dizziness; excessive bleeding from cuts; headache; increased menstrual flow;muscle pain; nosebleeds; numbness; purple, dark, or spotty discoloration of your toes; red or black, tarry stools; red or dark brown urine; severe bleeding; shortness of breath; sores or ulcers on skin; stomach, chest, joint, or other pain; sudden or severe pain in legs, feet, or toes; unexplained vaginal bleeding;unusual bruising;
unusual pain, swelling, or discomfort; weakness; yellowing of the skin or eyes.
This is not a complete list of all side effects that may occur. If you have questions or need
medical advice about side effects, contact your doctor or health care provider. You may report side effects to the FDA at 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088) or at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch.
If OVERDOSE is suspected:
Contact 1-800-222-1222 (the American Association of Poison Control Centers), your local poison control center (http://www.aapcc.org/findyour.htm), or emergency room immediately. Symptoms may include blood in vomit, urine, or stools; unusual bleeding or bruising.
Proper storage of Warfarin Solution:
Store at room temperature between 59 and 86 degrees F (15 and 30 degrees C) away from heat, moisture, and light. Use within 4 hours after mixing. Do not refrigerate. Throw away any unused mixed solution. Keep Warfarin Solution out of the reach of children and away from pets.
- If you have any questions about Warfarin Solution, please talk with your doctor, pharmacist, or other health care
- Warfarin Solution is to be used only by the patient for whom it is prescribed. Do not share it with other people.
- If your symptoms do not improve or if they become worse, check with your doctor.
This information is a summary only. It does not contain all information about Warfarin Solution. If you have questions about the medicine you are taking or would like more information, check with your doctor, pharmacist, or other health care provider.
Issue Date: November 1, 2006
Database Edition 06.4.1.002
Copyright © 2006 Wolters Kluwer Health, Inc.
Where can I get more information about Warfarin Solution ? We recommend to use www.Drugs.com
Typical mistypes for Warfarin Solution
qarfarin solution, aarfarin solution, sarfarin solution, earfarin solution, 3arfarin solution, 2arfarin solution, wzrfarin solution, wsrfarin solution, wwrfarin solution, wqrfarin solution, waefarin solution, wadfarin solution, waffarin solution, watfarin solution, wa5farin solution, wa4farin solution, wardarin solution, warcarin solution, warvarin solution, wargarin solution, wartarin solution, warrarin solution, warfzrin solution, warfsrin solution, warfwrin solution, warfqrin solution, warfaein solution, warfadin solution, warfafin solution, warfatin solution, warfa5in solution, warfa4in solution, warfarun solution, warfarjn solution, warfarkn solution, warfaron solution, warfar9n solution, warfar8n solution, warfarib solution, warfarim solution, warfarij solution, warfarih solution, warfarin aolution, warfarin zolution, warfarin xolution, warfarin dolution, warfarin eolution, warfarin wolution, warfarin silution, warfarin sklution, warfarin sllution, warfarin splution, warfarin s0lution, warfarin s9lution, warfarin sokution, warfarin sopution, warfarin sooution, warfarin solytion, warfarin solhtion, warfarin soljtion, warfarin solition, warfarin sol8tion, warfarin sol7tion, warfarin solurion, warfarin solufion, warfarin solugion, warfarin soluyion, warfarin solu6ion, warfarin solu5ion, warfarin solutuon, warfarin solutjon, warfarin solutkon, warfarin solutoon, warfarin solut9on, warfarin solut8on, warfarin solutiin, warfarin solutikn, warfarin solutiln, warfarin solutipn, warfarin soluti0n, warfarin soluti9n, warfarin solutiob, warfarin solutiom, warfarin solutioj, warfarin solutioh, arfarin solution, wrfarin solution, wafarin solution, wararin solution, warfrin solution, warfain solution, warfarn solution, warfari solution, warfarinsolution, warfarin olution, warfarin slution, warfarin soution, warfarin soltion, warfarin soluion, warfarin soluton, warfarin solutin, warfarin solutio, awrfarin solution, wrafarin solution, wafrarin solution, warafrin solution, warfrain solution, warfairn solution, warfarni solution, warfari nsolution, warfarins olution, warfarin oslution, warfarin sloution, warfarin soultion, warfarin soltuion, warfarin soluiton, warfarin solutoin, warfarin solutino, wwarfarin solution, waarfarin solution, warrfarin solution, warffarin solution, warfaarin solution, warfarrin solution, warfariin solution, warfarinn solution, warfarin solution, warfarin ssolution, warfarin soolution, warfarin sollution, warfarin soluution, warfarin soluttion, warfarin solutiion, warfarin solutioon, warfarin solutionn, etc.
|© Copyright by drug-information.ru 2001-2012. All rights reserved|