|Drugs search, click the first letter of a drug name:
| A | B | C | D | E | F | G | H | I | J | K | L | M | N | O | P | Q | R | S | T | U | V | W | X | Y | Z | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 8 | 9 Home
Generic Name: Hydrochlorothiazide/Moexipril (high-droe-klor-oh-THIGH-uh-zide/moe-EX-i-prill)
Brand Name: Uniretic
This drug can cause serious fetal harm and possibly fetal death if used during the last 6 months of pregnancy. If you become pregnant, stop using Uniretic and immediately contact your doctor.
Uniretic is used for:
Lowering high blood pressure.
Uniretic is an angiotension-converting enzyme (ACE) inhibitor and thiazide diuretic combination. It works to lower your blood pressure by removing excess fluid from the body and causing blood vessels to relax or widen.
Do NOT use Uniretic if:
- you are allergic to any ingredient in Uniretic or any other sulfonamide medicine (eg, sulfamethoxazole, glyburide, probenecid)
- you have a
history of angioedema (swelling of the face, lips, throat, or tongue) or kidney artery narrowing, or you are unable to urinate
- you are taking dofetilide or ketanserin
- you are in your second or third trimester of pregnancy
Contact your doctor or health care provider right away if any of these apply to you.
Before using Uniretic :
Some medical conditions may interact with Uniretic . Tell your doctor or pharmacist if you have any medical conditions, especially if any of the following apply to you:
- if you are pregnant, planning to become pregnant, or are breast-feeding
- if you are taking any prescription or nonprescription medicine, herbal preparation, or dietary supplement
- if you have allergies to medicines, foods, or other substances
- if you have giant hives or skin inflammation, diabetes, bone marrow
suppression, blood vessel problems of the brain (eg, stroke), gout, high blood potassium levels, low blood sodium levels, heart disease, scleroderma, severe immune system problems, or lupus, or you are on a sodium restricted diet
- if you have a history of allergies, asthma, or liver problems
- if you are scheduled to have major surgery or to receive anesthesia
- if you have a history of kidney artery narrowing, decreased kidney function, you are on dialysis, or you have had a kidney transplant
Some MEDICINES MAY INTERACT with Uniretic . Tell your health care provider if you are taking any other medicines, especially any of the following:
- Celecoxib or salicylates (eg, aspirin) because they may decrease Uniretic "s effectiveness
- ACE inhibitors (eg, enalapril), indomethacin, nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drugs (NSAIDs) (eg, ibuprofen), or thiazide diuretics (eg,
because the risk of kidney dysfunction may be increased
- Dextran sulfate, diazoxide, barbiturates (eg, phenobarbital), or narcotic pain medicine (eg, codeine) because the risk of low blood pressure may be increased
- Corticosteroids (eg, prednisone), digitalis glycosides (eg, digoxin), dofetilide, insulin, ketanserin, lithium, muscle relaxants
(eg, methocarbamol), potassium preparations, potassium-sparing diuretics (eg, triamterene), sulfonylureas (eg, glyburide), or thiopurines (eg, azathiopurine)
because their actions and the risk of their side effects may be increased by Uniretic
This may not be a complete list of all interactions that may occur. Ask your health care provider if Uniretic may interact with other medicines that you take. Check with your health care provider before you start, stop, or change the dose of any medicine.
How to use Uniretic :
Use Uniretic as directed by your doctor. Check the label on the medicine for exact dosing instructions.
- Take Uniretic by mouth on an empty stomach at least 1 hour before eating.
- If you take cholestyramine or colestipol, ask your doctor or pharmacist how to take it with Uniretic .
- Take Uniretic on a regular schedule to get the most benefit from it.
- Taking Uniretic at the same time each day will help you remember to take it.
- Continue to use Uniretic even if you feel well. Do not miss any doses.
- If you miss a dose of Uniretic , take it as soon as possible. If it is almost time for your next dose, skip the missed dose and go back to your regular dosing schedule. Do not take 2 doses at once.
Ask your health care provider any questions you may have about how to use Uniretic .
Important safety information:
- Uniretic may cause dizziness, lightheadedness, or fainting. These effects may be worse if you take it with alcohol or certain medicines. Use Uniretic with caution. Do not drive or perform other possibly unsafe tasks until you know how you react to it.
- Uniretic may cause dizziness, lightheadedness, or fainting; alcohol, hot weather, exercise, or fever may increase these effects. To prevent them, sit up or stand slowly, especially in the morning. Sit or lie down at the first sign of any of these effects.
- Check with your doctor before you use a salt substitute or a product that has potassium in it.
- Drink plenty of fluids while taking Uniretic and avoid engaging in activities that cause excessive sweating. Dehydration, excessive sweating, vomiting, or diarrhea may lead to a fall in blood pressure. Contact your health care provider at once if any of these occur.
- A persistent, unproductive cough
may occur. Tell your doctor if this occurs. Recovery is rapid when the medicine is stopped.
- Patients who take medicine for high blood pressure often feel tired or run down for a few weeks after starting treatment. Be sure to take your medicine even if you may not feel "normal." Tell your doctor if you develop any new symptoms.
- Uniretic may not work as well in black patients. They may also be at greater risk of side effects. Contact your doctor if your symptoms do not improve or if they become worse.
- Tell your doctor or dentist that you take Uniretic before you receive any medical or dental care, emergency care, or surgery.
- Uniretic may cause you to become sunburned more easily. Avoid the sun, sunlamps, or tanning booths until you know how you react to Uniretic . Use a sunscreen or wear protective clothing if you must be outside for more than a short time.
- Lab tests, including blood
electrolytes, blood pressure, blood cell counts, and kidney function, may be performed while you use Uniretic . These tests may be used to monitor your condition or check for side effects. Be sure to keep all doctor and lab appointments.
- Use Uniretic with caution in the ELDERLY; they may be more sensitive to its effects.
- Uniretic should be used with extreme caution in CHILDREN; safety and effectiveness in children have not been confirmed.
- PREGNANCY and BREAST-FEEDING: Uniretic may cause fetal and newborn death if you take it while you are pregnant. If you think you may be pregnant, contact your doctor right away. Uniretic is found in breast milk. Do not breast-feed while taking Uniretic .
Possible side effects of Uniretic :
All medicines may cause side effects, but many people have no, or minor, side effects. Check with your doctor if any of these most COMMON side effects persist or become bothersome:
Seek medical attention right away if any of these SEVERE side effects occur:
Coughing; diarrhea; dizziness; headache; lightheadedness; nausea; persistent nonproductive cough; tiredness; vomiting.
Severe allergic reactions (rash; hives; itching; difficulty breathing;
tightness in the chest; swelling of the mouth, face, lips, or tongue); difficulty swallowing; fainting; fast, slow, or irregular heartbeat; fever; muscle cramps;
muscle weakness; severe dizziness or lightheadedness; shortness of breath;
sore throat; unusual stomach pain; yellowing of the skin or eyes.
This is not a complete list of all side effects that may occur. If you have questions or need medical advice about side effects, contact your doctor or health care provider. You may report side effects to the FDA at 1-800-FDA-1088
(1-800-332-1088) or at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch.
If OVERDOSE is suspected:
Contact 1-800-222-1222 (the American
Association of Poison Control Centers), your local poison control center (http://www.aapcc.org/findyour.htm), or emergency room immediately. Symptoms may include dizziness; fainting; weakness.
Proper storage of Uniretic :
Store Uniretic at 77 degrees F (25 degrees C). Brief storage at temperatures between 59 and 86 degrees F (15 and 30 degrees C) is permitted. Keep in a tightly closed container. Store away from heat, moisture, and light. Keep Uniretic out of the reach of children and away from pets.
- If you have any questions about Uniretic , please talk with your doctor, pharmacist, or other health care provider.
- Uniretic is to be used only by the patient for whom it is prescribed. Do not share it with other people.
- If your symptoms do not improve or if they become worse, check with your doctor.
This information is a
summary only. It does not contain all information about Uniretic . If you have questions about the medicine you are taking or would like more information, check with your doctor, pharmacist, or other health care provider.
Issue Date: November 1, 2006
Database Edition 06.4.1.002
Copyright © 2006 Wolters Kluwer Health, Inc.
Where can I get more information about Uniretic ? We recommend to use www.Drugs.com
Typical mistypes for Uniretic
yniretic, hniretic, jniretic, iniretic, 8niretic, 7niretic, ubiretic, umiretic, ujiretic, uhiretic, unuretic, unjretic, unkretic, unoretic, un9retic, un8retic, unieetic, unidetic, unifetic, unitetic, uni5etic, uni4etic, unirwtic, unirstic, unirdtic, unirrtic, unir4tic, unir3tic, unireric, unirefic, uniregic, unireyic, unire6ic, unire5ic, uniretuc, uniretjc, uniretkc, uniretoc, uniret9c, uniret8c, uniretix, uniretiv, uniretif, uniretid, niretic, uiretic, unretic, unietic, unirtic, unireic, uniretc, unireti, nuiretic, uinretic, unrietic, uniertic, unirteic, unireitc, uniretci, uuniretic, unniretic, uniiretic, unirretic, unireetic, unirettic, uniretiic, unireticc, etc.
|© Copyright by drug-information.ru 2001-2012. All rights reserved|