|Drugs search, click the first letter of a drug name:
| A | B | C | D | E | F | G | H | I | J | K | L | M | N | O | P | Q | R | S | T | U | V | W | X | Y | Z | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 8 | 9 Home
Generic Name: Tadalafil (tah-DA-la-fil)
Brand Name: Cialis
Tadalafil is used for:
Treating erectile dysfunction in men (eg, impotence)
and other conditions as determined by your doctor.
Tadalafil is a phosphodiesterase type 5 inhibitor. It works by helping the blood flow into the penis to achieve and maintain an erection during sexual stimulation.
Do NOT use Tadalafil if:
- you are allergic to any ingredient in Tadalafil
- you have been told by your health care provider not to participate in sexual activity because of certain heart or health problems
- you are taking or using any type of nitroglycerin (eg, under the tongue, capsule, tablet, spray, patch, ointment, paste) or other nitrates (eg, isosorbide), or recreational drugs ("poppers") containing amyl or butyl
Contact your doctor or health care provider right away if any of these apply to you.
Before using Tadalafil :
Some medical conditions may interact with Tadalafil . Tell your doctor or pharmacist if you have any medical conditions, especially if any of the following apply to you:
- if you are pregnant, planning to become pregnant, or are breast-feeding
- if you are taking any prescription or nonprescription medicine, herbal preparation, or dietary supplement
- if you have allergies to medicines, foods, or other substances
- if you have heart failure, high blood pressure, an irregular heartbeat, kidney or liver problems (eg, dialysis), or stomach ulcers
- if you have bleeding problems, blood cell problems (eg, sickle cell anemia), multiple myeloma, or leukemia
- you have a deformed penis or Peyronie disease, or have had an
erection that lasted more than 4 hours
- if you have retinitis pigmentosa, other eye disease, or if you have ever had severe vision loss
Some MEDICINES MAY INTERACT with Tadalafil . Tell your health care provider if you are taking any other medicines, especially any of the following:
- Azole antifungals (eg, ketoconazole), HIV protease inhibitors (eg, indinavir), ketolides (eg, telithromycin), or macrolides (eg, erythromycin) because actions and side effects, such as prolonged erection, dizziness upon standing, or vision problems, may be increased
- Nitrates (eg, nitroglycerin, isosorbide) because blood pressure could drop suddenly to unsafe levels, causing dizziness, fainting, heart attack, or stroke
- Alpha-blockers (eg, doxazosin) because
dizziness, especially upon standing, or fainting may occur
This may not be a complete list of all interactions that may occur. Ask your health care provider if Tadalafil may interact with other medicines that you take. Check with your health care provider before you start, stop, or change the dose of any medicine.
How to use Tadalafil :
Use Tadalafil as directed by your doctor. Check the label on the medicine for exact dosing instructions.
- Tadalafil comes with an additional patient information sheet. Read it carefully and reread it each time you get Tadalafil refilled.
- Tadalafil may be taken with or without food.
- Take Tadalafil as directed before anticipated sexual activity. Do not take more Tadalafil more than once a day. If you have certain medical conditions or are taking certain other medicines, you may only be able to take Tadalafil once every 2 or 3 days. Contact your doctor or
pharmacist for more information.
- If you miss a dose of Tadalafil , take it as soon as you remember. Continue to use it as directed by your doctor.
Ask your health care provider any questions you may have about how to use Tadalafil .
Important safety information:
- Tadalafil may cause dizziness or changes in vision. Do not drive, operate machinery, or do anything else that could be dangerous until you know how you react to Tadalafil . Using Tadalafil alone, with certain other medicines, or with alcohol may lessen your ability to drive or perform other potentially dangerous tasks.
- To minimize dizziness or lightheadedness, sit or stand up slowly when rising from a seated or lying position.
- Avoid drinking alcohol in excess (eg, 5 glasses of wine, 5 shots of whiskey) while taking Tadalafil . Drinking alcohol in excess while taking Tadalafil may cause an increase in heart rate, decrease in blood
pressure, dizziness, and headaches.
- Sexual activity may put extra strain on your heart, especially if you have heart problems. If you have heart problems and experience any symptoms during sexual activity, stop and tell your doctor immediately. These symptoms include severe dizziness, fainting, chest pain, or nausea.
- Tadalafil may cause back pain and muscle aches within 12 to 24 hours of taking it. These side effects usually go away within 48 hours. Contact your health care provider if they are bothersome or do not go away.
- Contact your health care provider at once if an erection lasts longer than 4 hours, whether painful or not. If a prolonged erection is not treated immediately, damage to the penis may result.
- Tadalafil offers no protection against sexually transmitted diseases, including HIV. Use condoms to protect against sexually transmitted diseases.
- Use Tadalafil with caution in the ELDERLY because they may be
more sensitive to its effects.
- PREGNANCY and BREAST-FEEDING: Tadalafil should not be used in WOMEN. If you become pregnant, discuss with your doctor the benefits and risks of using Tadalafil during pregnancy. It is unknown if Tadalafil is excreted in breast milk. If you are or will be breast-feeding while you are using Tadalafil , check with your doctor or pharmacist to discuss the risks to your baby.
Possible side effects of Tadalafil :
All medicines may cause side effects, but many people have no, or minor, side effects. Check with your doctor if any of these most COMMON side effects persist or become bothersome:
Seek medical attention right away if any of these SEVERE side effects occur:
Back pain; flushing; headache; heartburn; indigestion; limb pain; muscle aches; nausea; stomach upset; stuffy or runny nose; vision changes (eg, trouble telling the difference between blue and green, seeing a blue tinge to objects).
Severe allergic reactions (rash; hives; itching; difficulty
tightness in the chest; swelling of the mouth, face, lips, or tongue); changes in heartbeat; chest pain; fainting; painful or prolonged erection (lasting more than 4 hours); pounding in the chest;
severe dizziness; sudden decrease or loss of vision in one or both eyes; unusual swelling.
This is not a complete list of all side effects that may occur. If you have questions or need medical advice about side effects, contact your doctor or health care provider. You may report side effects to the FDA at 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088) or at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch.
If OVERDOSE is suspected:
Contact 1-800-222-1222 (the American Association of Poison Control Centers), your local poison control center (http://www.aapcc.org/findyour.htm), or emergency room immediately. Symptoms may include abnormal vision; back pain; muscle pain.
Proper storage of Tadalafil :
Store Tadalafil at 77 degrees F (25 degrees C). Store away from heat, moisture, and light. Brief storage at temperatures between 59 and 86 degrees F (15 and 30 degrees C) is permitted. Do not store in the bathroom. Keep Tadalafil out of the reach of children and away from pets.
- If you have any questions about Tadalafil , please talk with your doctor, pharmacist, or other health care provider.
- Tadalafil is to be used only by the patient for whom it is prescribed. Do not share it with other people.
- If your symptoms do not improve or if they become worse, check with your doctor.
This information is a summary only. It does not contain all information about Tadalafil . If you have questions about the medicine you are taking or would like more information, check with your doctor, pharmacist, or other health care provider.
Issue Date: November 1, 2006
Database Edition 06.4.1.002
Copyright © 2006 Wolters Kluwer Health, Inc.
Where can I get more information about Tadalafil ? We recommend to use www.Drugs.com
Typical mistypes for Tadalafil
radalafil, fadalafil, gadalafil, yadalafil, 6adalafil, 5adalafil, tzdalafil, tsdalafil, twdalafil, tqdalafil, tasalafil, taxalafil, tacalafil, tafalafil, taralafil, taealafil, tadzlafil, tadslafil, tadwlafil, tadqlafil, tadakafil, tadapafil, tadaoafil, tadalzfil, tadalsfil, tadalwfil, tadalqfil, tadaladil, tadalacil, tadalavil, tadalagil, tadalatil, tadalaril, tadalaful, tadalafjl, tadalafkl, tadalafol, tadalaf9l, tadalaf8l, tadalafik, tadalafip, tadalafio, adalafil, tdalafil, taalafil, tadlafil, tadaafil, tadalfil, tadalail, tadalafl, tadalafi, atdalafil, tdaalafil, taadlafil, tadlaafil, tadaalfil, tadalfail, tadalaifl, tadalafli, ttadalafil, taadalafil, taddalafil, tadaalafil, tadallafil, tadalaafil, tadalaffil, tadalafiil, tadalafill, etc.
|© Copyright by drug-information.ru 2001-2012. All rights reserved|