|Drugs search, click the first letter of a drug name:
| A | B | C | D | E | F | G | H | I | J | K | L | M | N | O | P | Q | R | S | T | U | V | W | X | Y | Z | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 8 | 9 Home
Polyethylene Glycol/Electrolytes for Solution
(Jug) ( GoLYTELY)
Generic Name: Polyethylene Glycol/Electrolytes for Solution
(Jug) (GoLYTELY) (pol-ee-ETH-i-leen GLYE-kole/e-LECK-troe-lites)
Brand Name: GoLYTELY
GoLYTELY is used for:
Cleaning out the bowel before surgery or other procedures. It may also be used for other conditions as determined by your doctor.
GoLYTELY is a laxative. It works by causing the colon to move contents along more quickly.
Do NOT use GoLYTELY if:
- you are allergic to any ingredient in GoLYTELY
- you have appendicitis or a history of stomach or bowel disease (eg, blockage, retention, perforation, toxic inflammation, megacolon, ileus)
Contact your doctor or health care provider right away if any of these apply to you.
Before using GoLYTELY :
Some medical conditions may interact with GoLYTELY . Tell your doctor or
pharmacist if you have any medical conditions, especially if any of the following apply to you:
- if you are pregnant, planning to become pregnant, or are breast-feeding
- if you are taking any prescription or nonprescription medicine, herbal preparation, or dietary supplement
- if you have allergies to medicines, foods, or other substances
- if you have a throat (esophagus) disease, ulcerative colitis, heart disease (eg, irregular heartbeat, congestive heart failure), swallowing problems
(eg, history of aspiration or regurgitation), impaired gag reflex, electrolyte imbalances (eg, high blood potassium levels), or rectal bleeding of unknown cause
- if you have a history of alcohol use
Some MEDICINES MAY INTERACT with GoLYTELY . However, no specific interactions with GoLYTELY are known at this time.
Ask your health care provider if
GoLYTELY may interact with other medicines that you take. Check with your health care provider before you start, stop, or change the dose of any medicine.
How to use GoLYTELY :
Use GoLYTELY as directed by your doctor. Check the label on the medicine for exact dosing instructions.
- Your doctor will tell you when to start using GoLYTELY . Do not eat any solid foods for at least 2 hours before beginning GoLYTELY . It is preferred that you do not eat for 3 to 4 hours before beginning GoLYTELY .
- Drink only clear liquids and do not eat any solid foods from the time you start GoLYTELY until your procedure is complete.
- Before using GoLYTELY , fill the container with the amount of water indicated on the package label. Use lukewarm water to mix GoLYTELY to help the medicine dissolve faster. Shake well.
- Chilling GoLYTELY improves the taste. Do not add sugar, sweetening agents, or other additives to this
- Shake well before each use.
- Drink 8 ounces (240 mL) of GoLYTELY every 10 minutes until the stool is watery, clear, and free of all solid matter, or until the medicine is gone. At least 3 liters is usually required to produce the watery stool. It is best to drink all of GoLYTELY . Be sure to follow the instructions provided by your doctor. It is best to drink each portion quickly rather than sipping it. Rinsing your mouth with mouthwash after each glass of medicine may help get rid of the taste.
- Other medicines taken by mouth within 1 hour of taking GoLYTELY may not be absorbed or be effective. Contact your doctor or pharmacist with any concerns you might have about taking your other medicines.
- If you miss a dose of GoLYTELY , take it as soon as you remember. Continue to take it as directed by your doctor. Notify your doctor if you are unable to finish taking GoLYTELY before your test.
Ask your health care provider any questions you may have about how to use GoLYTELY .
Important safety information:
- The first bowel movement usually occurs about 1 hour after you begin drinking GoLYTELY .
- Keep all doctor and lab appointments while you are taking GoLYTELY .
- Use GoLYTELY with caution in patients who are unconscious or partially conscious because they may be at greater risk for vomiting and inhaling GoLYTELY .
- Use GoLYTELY with caution in the ELDERLY; they may be more sensitive to its effects.
- GoLYTELY should be used with extreme caution in CHILDREN; safety and effectiveness in children have not been confirmed.
- PREGNANCY and BREAST-FEEDING: If you become pregnant, contact your doctor. You will need to discuss the benefits and risks of using GoLYTELY while you are pregnant. It is not known if GoLYTELY is found in breast milk.
If you are or will be breast-feeding while you use GoLYTELY , check with your doctor. Discuss any possible risks to your baby.
Possible side effects of GoLYTELY :
All medicines may cause side effects, but many people have no, or minor, side effects. Check with your doctor if any of these most COMMON side effects persist or become bothersome:
Seek medical attention right away if any of these SEVERE side effects occur:
Bloating; nausea; rectal irritation; stomach fullness or cramps; vomiting.
Severe allergic reactions (rash; hives; itching; difficulty breathing;
tightness in the chest; swelling of the mouth, face, lips, or tongue); chest pain; muscle weakness; persistent or severe nausea and vomiting; severe bloating or abdominal swelling; severe stomach pain; slow or irregular heartbeat; vomiting of blood.
This is not a complete list of all side effects that may occur. If you have questions or need medical advice about side effects, contact your doctor or health care provider. You may report side
effects to the FDA at 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088) or at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch.
If OVERDOSE is suspected:
Contact 1-800-222-1222 (the American Association of Poison Control Centers), your local poison control center (http://www.aapcc.org/findyour.htm), or emergency room immediately.
Proper storage of GoLYTELY :
Before mixing, store GoLYTELY at room temperature, 59 and 86 degrees F (15 and 30 degrees C), in a tightly closed container. Store away from heat, moisture, and light. After preparing the solution, store GoLYTELY in the refrigerator in a tightly closed container. Use within 48 hours. Discard any unused portion of GoLYTELY . Keep GoLYTELY out of the reach of children and away from pets.
- If you have any questions about GoLYTELY , please talk with your doctor, pharmacist, or other health care provider.
- GoLYTELY is to be used only
by the patient for whom it is prescribed. Do not share it with other people.
- If your symptoms do not improve or if they become worse, check with your doctor.
This information is a summary only. It does not contain all information about GoLYTELY . If you have questions about the medicine you are taking or would like more information, check with your doctor, pharmacist, or other health care provider.
Issue Date: November 1, 2006
Database Edition 06.4.1.002
Copyright © 2006 Wolters Kluwer Health, Inc.
Where can I get more information about GoLYTELY ? We recommend to use www.Drugs.com
Typical mistypes for GoLYTELY
folytely, volytely, bolytely, holytely, yolytely, tolytely, gilytely, gklytely, gllytely, gplytely, g0lytely, g9lytely, gokytely, gopytely, gooytely, golttely, golgtely, golhtely, golutely, gol7tely, gol6tely, golyrely, golyfely, golygely, golyyely, goly6ely, goly5ely, golytwly, golytsly, golytdly, golytrly, golyt4ly, golyt3ly, golyteky, golytepy, golyteoy, golytelt, golytelg, golytelh, golytelu, golytel7, golytel6, olytely, glytely, goytely, goltely, golyely, golytly, golytey, golytel, oglytely, gloytely, goyltely, goltyely, golyetly, golytley, golyteyl, ggolytely, goolytely, gollytely, golyytely, golyttely, golyteely, golytelly, golytelyy, etc.
|© Copyright by drug-information.ru 2001-2019. All rights reserved|