|Drugs search, click the first letter of a drug name:
| A | B | C | D | E | F | G | H | I | J | K | L | M | N | O | P | Q | R | S | T | U | V | W | X | Y | Z | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 8 | 9 Home
E. E. S. 400
Generic Name: Erythromycin Ethylsuccinate Tablets (eh-RITH-roe-MYE-sin)
Brand Name: E. E. S. 400
E. E. S. 400 is used for:
Treating infections caused by certain bacteria or amoebas. It may also be used to prevent attacks of rheumatic fever in patients who are unable to use other medicines.
E. E. S. 400 is a macrolide antibiotic. Macrolide antibiotics slow the growth of, or sometimes kill, sensitive bacteria by reducing the production of important proteins needed by the bacteria to survive.
Do NOT use E. E. S. 400 if:
- you are allergic to any ingredient in E. E. S. 400
- you are taking 5HT-1 receptor agonists (eg, sumatriptan), astemizole, cisapride, diltiazem, dofetilide, ergot alkaloids (eg, ergotamine), HIV protease inhibitors (eg, ritonavir), imidazoles (eg, ketoconazole), pimozide, propafenone, streptogramins (eg, quinupristin/dalfopristin), terfenadine,
Contact your doctor or health care provider right away if any of these apply to you.
Before using E. E. S. 400 :
Some medical conditions may interact with E. E. S. 400 . Tell your doctor or pharmacist if you have any medical conditions, especially if any of the following apply to you:
- if you are pregnant, planning to become pregnant, or are breast-feeding
- if you are taking any prescription or nonprescription medicine, herbal preparation, or dietary supplement
- if you have allergies to medicines, foods, or other substances
- if you have kidney or liver disease, myasthenia gravis, irregular heartbeat, or you have a blood disorder called porphyria
Some MEDICINES MAY INTERACT with E. E. S. 400 . Tell your health care provider if you are taking any other medicines, especially any of the following:
astemizole, atypical antipsychotics
(eg, ziprasidone), cisapride, diltiazem, disopyramide, dofetilide, HIV protease inhibitors (eg, ritonavir), haloperidol, imidazoles (eg, ketoconazole), phenothiazines (eg, chlorpromazine), pimozide, propafenone, quinolones (eg, ciprofloxacin), streptogramins (eg, quinupristin/dalfopristin), terfenadine, verapamil, 5HT-3 receptor antagonists (eg, dolasetron), or medicines for irregular heartbeat
(eg, amiodarone, quinidine), because side effects, such as
heart toxicity or irregular heartbeat, may occur
- 5HT-1 receptor agonists (eg, sumatriptan), anticoagulants (eg, warfarin), aldosterone blockers (eg, eplerenone), alfentanil, benzodiazepines (eg, triazolam), bromocriptine, buspirone, carbamazepine, cilostazol, corticosteroids (eg, methylprednisolone), cyclosporine, digoxin, ergot alkaloids (eg, ergotamine), felodipine, hexobarbital, HMG-CoA reductase inhibitors (eg, lovastatin), imatinib, macrolide immunosuppressants (eg, tacrolimus), midazolam, muscarinic receptor antagonists (eg, darifenacin), phenytoin, phosphodiesterase type 5 inhibitors
(eg, sildenafil), rifampin, theophyllines, valproic acid, or vinca alkaloids
(eg, vincristine) because the risk of their side effects may increased by E. E. S. 400
This may not be a complete list of all interactions that may occur. Ask
your health care provider if E. E. S. 400 may interact with other medicines that you take. Check with your health care provider before you start, stop, or change the dose of any medicine.
How to use E. E. S. 400 :
Use E. E. S. 400 as directed by your doctor. Check the label on the medicine for exact dosing instructions. Check the label on the medicine for exact dosing instructions.
- Take E. E. S. 400 by mouth with or without food.
- Do not eat grapefruit or drink grapefruit juice while taking E. E. S. 400 . Serious heart problems can occur.
- To clear up your infection completely, take E. E. S. 400 for the full course of treatment. Keep taking it even if you feel better in a few days.
- If you miss a dose of E. E. S. 400 , take it as soon as possible. If it is almost time for your next dose, skip the missed dose and go back to your regular dosing schedule. Do not take 2 doses at once.
Ask your health care provider any
questions you may have about how to use E. E. S. 400 .
Important safety information:
- Contact your doctor right away if stomach pain or cramps, severe diarrhea, or bloody stools occur. Do not treat diarrhea without first checking with your doctor.
- E. E. S. 400 only works against bacteria or amoebas; it does not treat viral infections (eg, the common cold).
- Be sure to use E. E. S. 400 for the full course of treatment. If you do not, the medicine may not clear up your infection completely. The bacteria could also become less sensitive to this or other medicines. This could make the infection harder to treat in the future.
- Long-term or repeated use of E. E. S. 400 may cause a second infection. Tell your doctor if signs of a second infection occur. Your medicine may need to be changed to treat this.
- E. E. S. 400 may interfere with certain lab tests. Be sure your doctor and lab personnel know you are taking E. E. S. 400 .
tests, including liver function, kidney function, and complete blood cell counts, may be performed while you use E. E. S. 400 . These tests may be used to monitor your condition or check for side effects. Be sure to keep all doctor and lab appointments.
- Use E. E. S. 400 with extreme caution in CHILDREN younger than 10 years old who have diarrhea or an infection of the stomach or bowel.
- PREGNANCY and BREAST-FEEDING: If you become pregnant, contact your doctor. You will need to discuss the benefits and risks of using E. E. S. 400 while you are pregnant. E. E. S. 400 is found in breast milk. If you are or will be breast-feeding while you use E. E. S. 400 , check with your doctor. Discuss any possible risks to your baby.
Possible side effects of E. E. S. 400 :
All medicines may cause side effects, but many people have no, or minor, side effects. Check with your doctor if any of these most COMMON side effects persist or become bothersome:
Seek medical attention right away if any of these SEVERE side effects occur:
Diarrhea; loss of appetite; nausea; stomach
Severe allergic reactions (rash; hives; itching; difficulty breathing;
tightness in the chest; swelling of the mouth, face, lips, or tongue); bloody stools; dark urine; hearing loss; irregular heartbeat; red, swollen, or blistered skin; severe diarrhea; severe stomach pain/cramps; yellowing of skin or eyes.
This is not a complete list of all side effects that may occur. If you have questions or need medical advice about side effects, contact your doctor or health care provider. You may report side effects to the FDA at 1-800-FDA-1088
(1-800-332-1088) or at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch.
If OVERDOSE is suspected:
Contact 1-800-222-1222 (the American Association of Poison Control Centers), your local poison control center (http://www.aapcc.org/findyour.htm), or emergency room immediately. Symptoms may include hearing loss; severe nausea,
vomiting, stomach upset, or diarrhea.
Proper storage of E. E. S. 400 :
Store E. E. S. 400 at room temperature, between 59 and 86 degrees F
(15 and 30 degrees C). Store away from heat, moisture, and light. Do not store in the bathroom. Keep tightly closed. Keep E. E. S. 400 out of the reach of children and away from pets.
- If you have any questions about E. E. S. 400 , please talk with your doctor, pharmacist, or other health care provider.
- E. E. S. 400 is to be used only by the patient for whom it is prescribed. Do not share it with other people.
- If your symptoms do not improve or if they become worse, check with your doctor.
This information is a summary only. It does not contain all information about E. E. S. 400 . If you have questions about the medicine you are taking or would like more information, check with your doctor, pharmacist, or other health care provider.
Issue Date: November 1, 2006
Database Edition 06.4.1.002
Copyright © 2006 Wolters Kluwer Health, Inc.
Where can I get more information about E. E. S. 400 ? We recommend to use www.Drugs.com
Typical mistypes for E. E. S. 400
w. e. s. 400, s. e. s. 400, d. e. s. 400, r. e. s. 400, 4. e. s. 400, 3. e. s. 400, e. w. s. 400, e. s. s. 400, e. d. s. 400, e. r. s. 400, e. 4. s. 400, e. 3. s. 400, e. e. a. 400, e. e. z. 400, e. e. x. 400, e. e. d. 400, e. e. e. 400, e. e. w. 400, e. e. s. 300, e. e. s. e00, e. e. s. r00, e. e. s. 500, e. e. s. 490, e. e. s. 4o0, e. e. s. 4p0, e. e. s. 4-0, e. e. s. 409, e. e. s. 40o, e. e. s. 40p, e. e. s. 40-, . e. s. 400, e e. s. 400, e.e. s. 400, e. . s. 400, e. e s. 400, e. e.s. 400, e. e. . 400, e. e. s 400, e. e. s.400, e. e. s. 00, e. e. s. 40, e. e. s. 40, .e e. s. 400, e .e. s. 400, e.e . s. 400, e. .e s. 400, e. e .s. 400, e. e.s . 400, e. e. .s 400, e. e. s .400, e. e. s.4 00, e. e. s. 040, ee. e. s. 400, e.. e. s. 400, e. e. s. 400, e. ee. s. 400, e. e.. s. 400, e. e. s. 400, e. e. ss. 400, e. e. s.. 400, e. e. s. 400, e. e. s. 4400, e. e. s. 4000, e. e. s. 4000, etc.
|© Copyright by drug-information.ru 2001-2012. All rights reserved|