|Drugs search, click the first letter of a drug name:
| A | B | C | D | E | F | G | H | I | J | K | L | M | N | O | P | Q | R | S | T | U | V | W | X | Y | Z | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 8 | 9 Home
Generic Name: Cyclosporine Capsules, Modified (SYE-kloe-spor-een)
Brand Name: Examples include Gengraf and Neoral
Cyclosporine Capsules suppresses the immune system, which may increase your risk of developing an infection or cancer. In kidney, liver, or heart transplant patients, Cyclosporine Capsules may be used along with other medicines that suppress the immune system. Using these medicines together may further increase your risk of developing an infection or a certain type of cancer (lymphoma).
Cyclosporine Capsules cannot be interchanged with other forms of cyclosporine
(eg, Sandimmune) without your doctor"s approval. If you are taking Cyclosporine Capsules for a transplant or for rheumatoid arthritis, lab tests may be performed to monitor your progress or to check for side effects, such as toxicity.
If you are using this
medicine for psoriasis and you are also using certain other forms of treatment (eg, psoralen ultraviolet A [PUVA]
or ultraviolet B [UVB] therapy, medicines that suppress the immune system, coal tar, radiation therapy), you may be at an increased risk for developing skin cancer.
Cyclosporine Capsules may cause high blood pressure or kidney problems. This risk may be increased with high doses or prolonged use of Cyclosporine Capsules. Kidney function tests may be performed while you are taking Cyclosporine Capsules to check for side effects.
Cyclosporine Capsules is used for:
Preventing the rejection of organ transplants (kidney, liver, and heart). Cyclosporine Capsules is also used to treat psoriasis and rheumatoid arthritis in certain patients. It may also be used for other conditions as determined by your doctor.
Cyclosporine Capsules is an immunosuppressant. How Cyclosporine Capsules works is not fully understood, but it may block certain white blood cells.
Do NOT use Cyclosporine Capsules if:
- you are
allergic to any ingredient in Cyclosporine Capsules
- you are taking bosentan, disulfiram, fluorouracil, metronidazole, orlistat, or a potassium-sparing diuretic (eg, spironolactone)
- you have psoriasis or rheumatoid arthritis and also have kidney problems, uncontrolled high blood pressure, or cancer
- you are using other therapies for psoriasis (eg, PUVA or UVB therapy, methotrexate or other medicines that suppress the immune system, coal tar, radiation therapy)
- you are going to be vaccinated with a live vaccine
Contact your doctor or health care provider right away if any of these apply to you.
Before using Cyclosporine Capsules:
Some medical conditions may interact with Cyclosporine Capsules. Tell your doctor or pharmacist if you have any medical conditions, especially if any of the following apply to you:
- if you are pregnant, planning to become pregnant, or are breast-feeding
- if you are taking any prescription or nonprescription medicine, herbal preparation, or dietary supplement
- if you have allergies to medicines, foods, or other substances
- if you have liver, kidney, brain, or nerve problems; high blood potassium or uric acid levels; low blood magnesium or cholesterol levels; high blood pressure; cancer; an infection; or problems absorbing food or medicine; or have had a recent vaccination
- if your diet contains a lot of potassium
- if you have a history of seizures
Some MEDICINES MAY INTERACT with Cyclosporine Capsules. Tell your health care provider if you are taking any other medicines, especially any of the following:
- Many prescription and nonprescription medicines (eg, used for infections, inflammation, aches and pains, high blood pressure, cancer, gout, diabetes, heartburn, high cholesterol, irregular heartbeat or other heart problems,
birth control, Parkinson disease, stomach and intestinal problems, endometriosis, HIV, seizures, blood clotting, weight loss, arthritis, psoriasis, depression, sleep, other conditions), multivitamin products, and herbal or dietary supplements
(eg, St. John"s wort) may interact with Cyclosporine Capsules. They may increase the risk of side effects or decrease the effectiveness of this or other medicines
- Potassium-sparing diuretics (eg, spironolactone)
because the risk of high blood potassium levels may be increased
- Bosentan because the risk of its side effects and toxic effects may be increased by Cyclosporine Capsules
- Orlistat because it may decrease Cyclosporine Capsules"s effectiveness
- Disulfiram, fluorouracil, or metronidazole
because flushing, headache, fast or irregular heartbeat, shortness of breath, nausea, or vomiting may occur
This may not be a complete list of all interactions that may occur. Ask your health care provider if Cyclosporine Capsules may interact with other medicines that you take. Check with your health care provider before you start, stop, or change the dose of any medicine.
How to use Cyclosporine Capsules:
Use Cyclosporine Capsules as directed by your doctor. Check the label on the medicine for exact dosing instructions.
- Take Cyclosporine Capsules on a regular schedule with regard to food and time of day.
- Do not eat grapefruit or drink grapefruit juice while you use Cyclosporine Capsules.
- If you also take sirolimus, do not take it within 4 hours after taking Cyclosporine Capsules. Check with your doctor if you have questions.
- If you miss a dose of Cyclosporine Capsules, take it as soon as possible. If it is almost time for your next
dose, skip the missed dose and go back to your regular dosing schedule. Do not take 2 doses at once.
Ask your health care provider any questions you may have about how to use Cyclosporine Capsules.
Important safety information:
- Cyclosporine Capsules may cause dizziness. These effects may be worse if you take it with alcohol or certain medicines. Use Cyclosporine Capsules with caution. Do not drive or perform other possibly unsafe tasks until you know how you react to it.
- Do not switch to another doseform or change brands of Cyclosporine Capsules without talking to your doctor. Products made by other companies may not work as well for you.
- Cyclosporine Capsules may increase your risk of skin cancer. Avoid the sun, sunlamps, or tanning booths until you know how you react to Cyclosporine Capsules. Use a sunscreen or wear protective clothing if you must be outside for more than a short time.
- Cyclosporine Capsules may increase risk of developing certain forms of
cancer. Discuss any questions or concerns with your doctor.
- Do not receive a live vaccine (eg, measles, mumps) while you are taking Cyclosporine Capsules. Talk with your doctor before you receive any vaccine.
- Check with your doctor before you use a salt substitute or a product that has potassium in it.
- Cyclosporine Capsules may lower the ability of your body to fight infection. Avoid contact with people who have colds or infections. Tell your doctor if you notice signs of infection like fever, sore throat, rash, or chills.
- Tell your doctor or dentist that you take Cyclosporine Capsules before you receive any medical or dental care, emergency care, or surgery.
- Patients who are being treated for psoriasis will need to have careful skin and physical examinations, including blood pressure measurements, before starting this medication.
- Diabetes patients - Cyclosporine Capsules may affect your blood sugar. Check blood sugar levels closely. Ask your
doctor before you change the dose of your diabetes medicine.
- Lab tests, including kidney and liver function tests; cyclosporine levels;
and blood pressure, lipids, and electrolytes, may be performed while you use Cyclosporine Capsules. These tests may be used to monitor your condition or check for side effects. Be sure to keep all doctor and lab appointments.
- Use Cyclosporine Capsules with caution in the ELDERLY; they may be more sensitive to its effects.
- PREGNANCY and BREAST-FEEDING: Cyclosporine Capsules may cause harm to the fetus. If you become pregnant, contact your doctor. You will need to discuss the benefits and risks of using Cyclosporine Capsules while you are pregnant. Cyclosporine Capsules is found in breast milk. Do not breast-feed while taking Cyclosporine Capsules.
Possible side effects of Cyclosporine Capsules:
All medicines may cause side effects, but many people have no, or minor, side effects. Check with your doctor if any of these most COMMON side effects persist or become bothersome:
Seek medical attention right away if any of these SEVERE side effects occur:
Acne; burning sensation; coughing; dizziness; flushing; increased hair growth; headache; nausea; runny nose; sleeplessness; stomach discomfort; vomiting.
Severe allergic reactions (rash; hives; itching; difficulty breathing;
tightness in the chest; swelling of the mouth, face, lips, or tongue); black, tarry stool; blood in the urine; chest pain; chills; confusion; dark urine;
diarrhea; fast or irregular heartbeat; fever; gum disease or overgrowth; increased or decreased urination; infection; loss of coordination; mental or mood changes;
muscle cramps; numbness or tingling of the skin; seizures; severe or persistent headache or dizziness; shortness of breath; sore throat; tremors; unusual bleeding or bruising; unusual lumps; unusual thickening or lesion of the skin;
unusual tiredness or weakness; vision changes; wheezing; yellowing of the skin or eyes.
This is not a complete list
of all side effects that may occur. If you have questions or need medical advice about side effects, contact your doctor or health care provider. If you have questions or need medical advice about side effects, contact your doctor or health care provider. You may report side effects to the FDA at 1-800-FDA-1088
(1-800-332-1088) or at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch.
If OVERDOSE is suspected:
Contact 1-800-222-1222 (the American Association of Poison Control Centers), your local poison control center (http://www.aapcc.org/findyour.htm), or emergency room immediately.
Proper storage of Cyclosporine Capsules:
Store Cyclosporine Capsules at room temperature, between 68 and 77 degrees F
(20 and 25 degrees C), in the original container. Store away from heat, moisture, and light. Do not store in the bathroom. Keep Cyclosporine Capsules out of the reach of children and away from pets.
- If you have any questions
about Cyclosporine Capsules, please talk with your doctor, pharmacist, or other health care provider.
- Cyclosporine Capsules is to be used only by the patient for whom it is prescribed. Do not share it with other people.
- If your symptoms do not improve or if they become worse, check with your doctor.
This information is a summary only. It does not contain all information about Cyclosporine Capsules. If you have questions about the medicine you are taking or would like more information, check with your doctor, pharmacist, or other health care provider.
Issue Date: November 1, 2006
Database Edition 06.4.1.002
Copyright © 2006 Wolters Kluwer Health, Inc.
Where can I get more information about Cyclosporine Capsules ? We recommend to use www.Drugs.com
Typical mistypes for Cyclosporine Capsules
xyclosporine capsules, vyclosporine capsules, fyclosporine capsules, dyclosporine capsules, ctclosporine capsules, cgclosporine capsules, chclosporine capsules, cuclosporine capsules, c7closporine capsules, c6closporine capsules, cyxlosporine capsules, cyvlosporine capsules, cyflosporine capsules, cydlosporine capsules, cyckosporine capsules, cycposporine capsules, cycoosporine capsules, cyclisporine capsules, cyclksporine capsules, cycllsporine capsules, cyclpsporine capsules, cycl0sporine capsules, cycl9sporine capsules, cycloaporine capsules, cyclozporine capsules, cycloxporine capsules, cyclodporine capsules, cycloeporine capsules, cyclowporine capsules, cyclosoorine capsules, cycloslorine capsules, cyclos-orine capsules, cyclos0orine capsules, cyclospirine capsules, cyclospkrine capsules, cyclosplrine capsules, cyclospprine capsules, cyclosp0rine capsules, cyclosp9rine capsules, cyclospoeine capsules, cyclospodine capsules, cyclospofine capsules, cyclospotine capsules, cyclospo5ine capsules, cyclospo4ine capsules, cyclosporune capsules, cyclosporjne capsules, cyclosporkne capsules, cyclosporone capsules, cyclospor9ne capsules, cyclospor8ne capsules, cyclosporibe capsules, cyclosporime capsules, cyclosporije capsules, cyclosporihe capsules, cyclosporinw capsules, cyclosporins capsules, cyclosporind capsules, cyclosporinr capsules, cyclosporin4 capsules, cyclosporin3 capsules, cyclosporine xapsules, cyclosporine vapsules, cyclosporine fapsules, cyclosporine dapsules, cyclosporine czpsules, cyclosporine cspsules, cyclosporine cwpsules, cyclosporine cqpsules, cyclosporine caosules, cyclosporine calsules, cyclosporine ca-sules, cyclosporine ca0sules, cyclosporine capaules, cyclosporine capzules, cyclosporine capxules, cyclosporine capdules, cyclosporine capeules, cyclosporine capwules, cyclosporine capsyles, cyclosporine capshles, cyclosporine capsjles, cyclosporine capsiles, cyclosporine caps8les, cyclosporine caps7les, cyclosporine capsukes, cyclosporine capsupes, cyclosporine capsuoes, cyclosporine capsulws, cyclosporine capsulss, cyclosporine capsulds, cyclosporine capsulrs, cyclosporine capsul4s, cyclosporine capsul3s, cyclosporine capsulea, cyclosporine capsulez, cyclosporine capsulex, cyclosporine capsuled, cyclosporine capsulee, cyclosporine capsulew, yclosporine capsules, cclosporine capsules, cylosporine capsules, cycosporine capsules, cyclsporine capsules, cycloporine capsules, cyclosorine capsules, cyclosprine capsules, cyclospoine capsules, cyclosporne capsules, cyclosporie capsules, cyclosporin capsules, cyclosporinecapsules, cyclosporine apsules, cyclosporine cpsules, cyclosporine casules, cyclosporine capules, cyclosporine capsles, cyclosporine capsues, cyclosporine capsuls, cyclosporine capsule, ycclosporine capsules, ccylosporine capsules, cylcosporine capsules, cycolsporine capsules, cyclsoporine capsules, cyclopsorine capsules, cyclosoprine capsules, cyclosproine capsules, cyclospoirne capsules, cyclospornie capsules, cyclosporien capsules, cyclosporin ecapsules, cyclosporinec apsules, cyclosporine acpsules, cyclosporine cpasules, cyclosporine caspules, cyclosporine capusles, cyclosporine capslues, cyclosporine capsuels, cyclosporine capsulse, ccyclosporine capsules, cyyclosporine capsules, cycclosporine capsules, cycllosporine capsules, cycloosporine capsules, cyclossporine capsules, cyclospporine capsules, cyclospoorine capsules, cyclosporrine capsules, cyclosporiine capsules, cyclosporinne capsules, cyclosporinee capsules, cyclosporine capsules, cyclosporine ccapsules, cyclosporine caapsules, cyclosporine cappsules, cyclosporine capssules, cyclosporine capsuules, cyclosporine capsulles, cyclosporine capsulees, cyclosporine capsuless, etc.
|© Copyright by drug-information.ru 2001-2019. All rights reserved|