|Drugs search, click the first letter of a drug name:
| A | B | C | D | E | F | G | H | I | J | K | L | M | N | O | P | Q | R | S | T | U | V | W | X | Y | Z | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 8 | 9 Home
Generic Name: Daunorubicin (daw-noe-ROO-bi-sin)
Brand Name: Cerubidine
Cerubidine can cause tissue damage if it is injected by a route other than through the vein. Notify your doctor immediately if redness, pain, and swelling occur at or around the injection site. Cerubidine may cause heart problems, including heart failure, or bone marrow depression, making it hard to fight off infection. Notify your doctor immediately if you develop chest pain, an irregular heartbeat, trouble breathing, swelling of the hands or feet, easy bruising or bleeding, or signs of infection, such as fever, unusual fatigue, or persistent sore throat. Tell your doctor if you have liver or kidney problems before starting treatment with Cerubidine . You may require smaller doses.
Cerubidine is used for:
Treating certain types of cancer. It may be used in combination with other medicines. It may also be used
for other conditions as determined by your doctor.
Cerubidine is a cytotoxic agent. It works by preventing the cancer cell from reproducing, which results in death of the cancer cell.
Do NOT use Cerubidine if:
- you are allergic to any ingredient in Cerubidine
Contact your doctor or health care provider right away if any of these apply to you.
Before using Cerubidine :
Some medical conditions may interact with Cerubidine . Tell your doctor or pharmacist if you have any medical conditions, especially if any of the following apply to you:
- if you are pregnant, planning to become pregnant, or are breast-feeding
- if you are taking any prescription or nonprescription medicine, herbal preparation, or dietary supplement
- if you have allergies to medicines, foods, or other substances
- if you have bone marrow depression, heart disease, gout, or
liver or kidney problems, or if you have taken Cerubidine before
Some MEDICINES MAY INTERACT with Cerubidine . Tell your health care provider if you are taking any other medicines, especially any of the following:
- Certain medicines that act upon the liver (eg, methotrexate) or cyclosporine because the actions and side effects of Cerubidine may be increased
- Trastuzumab because the risk of heart problems may be increased
- Hydantoins (eg, phenytoin) because the effectiveness may be decreased and the risk of seizures may be increased by Cerubidine
This may not be a complete list of all interactions that may occur. Ask your health care provider if Cerubidine may interact with other medicines that you take. Check with your health care provider before you start, stop, or change the dose of any medicine.
How to use Cerubidine :
Use Cerubidine as directed by your
doctor. Check the label on the medicine for exact dosing instructions.
- Cerubidine is usually administered as an injection at your doctor"s office, hospital, or clinic.
- If Cerubidine contains particles or is discolored, or if the vial is cracked or damaged in any way, do not use it.
- Keep this product, as well as syringes and needles, out of the reach of children and away from pets. Do not reuse needles, syringes, or other materials. Dispose of properly after use. Ask your doctor or pharmacist to explain local regulations for proper disposal.
- If you miss a dose of Cerubidine , contact your doctor as soon as possible.
Ask your health care provider any questions you may have about how to use Cerubidine .
Important safety information:
- If nausea, vomiting, or loss of appetite occurs, ask your doctor or pharmacist for ways to lessen these effects.
- If you get Cerubidine on your skin,
wash thoroughly with soap and water.
- Cerubidine may lower your body"s ability to fight infection. Prevent infection by avoiding contact with people with colds or other infections. Notify your doctor of any signs of infection, including fever, sore throat, rash, or chills.
- Cerubidine may reduce the number of clot-forming cells (platelets)
in your blood. To prevent bleeding, avoid situations in which bruising or injury may occur. Report any unusual bleeding, bruising, blood in stools, or dark, tarry stools to your doctor.
- Cerubidine causes the urine to turn red. This is harmless and not a cause for concern.
- Check with your doctor before having vaccinations while you are using Cerubidine .
- LAB TESTS, including blood cell counts; heart, liver, and kidney function tests; and uric acid levels, may be performed to monitor your progress or to check for side effects. Be sure to keep all doctor and lab appointments.
Cerubidine with caution in CHILDREN because they may be more sensitive to its effects, such as heart problems.
- PREGNANCY and BREAST-FEEDING: Cerubidine may cause harm to the fetus. If you become pregnant, discuss with your doctor the benefits and risks of using Cerubidine during pregnancy. It is unknown if Cerubidine is excreted in breast milk. Do not breast-feed while taking Cerubidine .
Possible side effects of Cerubidine :
All medicines may cause side effects, but many people have no, or minor, side effects. Check with your doctor if any of these most COMMON side effects persist or become bothersome:
Seek medical attention right away if any of these SEVERE side effects occur:
Diarrhea; hair loss; loss of appetite; mouth pain; nausea; sore throat;
stomach pain; tiredness; weakness.
Severe allergic reactions (rash; hives; difficulty breathing; tightness in the chest; swelling of the mouth, face, lips, or tongue); black, tarry stools; blood in the stools; chest pain; chills; cough or sore
throat; excessive bleeding; fever; flushing; irregular heartbeat; pain, redness, or swelling at the injection site; shortness of breath; sores on the mouth or lips; unusual bruising or bleeding.
This is not a complete list of all side effects that may occur. If you have questions or need medical advice about side effects, contact your doctor or health care provider. You may report side effects to the FDA at 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088) or at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch.
If OVERDOSE is suspected:
Contact 1-800-222-1222 (the American Association of Poison Control Centers), your local poison control center (http://www.aapcc.org/findyour.htm), or emergency room immediately.
Proper storage of Cerubidine :
Cerubidine is usually handled and stored by a health care provider. If you are using Cerubidine at home, store Cerubidine as directed by your pharmacist or health care provider. Keep this
medicine out of the reach of children and away from pets.
- If you have any questions about Cerubidine , please talk with your doctor, pharmacist, or other health care provider.
- Cerubidine is to be used only by the patient for whom it is prescribed. Do not share it with other people.
- If your symptoms do not improve or if they become worse, check with your doctor.
This information is a summary only. It does not contain all information about Cerubidine . If you have questions about the medicine you are taking or would like more information, check with your doctor, pharmacist, or other health care provider.
Issue Date: November 1, 2006
Database Edition 06.4.1.002
Copyright © 2006 Wolters Kluwer Health, Inc.
Where can I get more information about Cerubidine ? We recommend to use www.Drugs.com
Typical mistypes for Cerubidine
xerubidine, verubidine, ferubidine, derubidine, cwrubidine, csrubidine, cdrubidine, crrubidine, c4rubidine, c3rubidine, ceeubidine, cedubidine, cefubidine, cetubidine, ce5ubidine, ce4ubidine, cerybidine, cerhbidine, cerjbidine, ceribidine, cer8bidine, cer7bidine, ceruvidine, cerunidine, ceruhidine, cerugidine, cerubudine, cerubjdine, cerubkdine, cerubodine, cerub9dine, cerub8dine, cerubisine, cerubixine, cerubicine, cerubifine, cerubirine, cerubieine, cerubidune, cerubidjne, cerubidkne, cerubidone, cerubid9ne, cerubid8ne, cerubidibe, cerubidime, cerubidije, cerubidihe, cerubidinw, cerubidins, cerubidind, cerubidinr, cerubidin4, cerubidin3, erubidine, crubidine, ceubidine, cerbidine, ceruidine, cerubdine, cerubiine, cerubidne, cerubidie, cerubidin, ecrubidine, creubidine, ceurbidine, cerbuidine, ceruibdine, cerubdiine, cerubiidne, cerubidnie, cerubidien, ccerubidine, ceerubidine, cerrubidine, ceruubidine, cerubbidine, cerubiidine, cerubiddine, cerubidiine, cerubidinne, cerubidinee, etc.
|© Copyright by drug-information.ru 2001-2019. All rights reserved|