|Drugs search, click the first letter of a drug name:
| A | B | C | D | E | F | G | H | I | J | K | L | M | N | O | P | Q | R | S | T | U | V | W | X | Y | Z | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 8 | 9 Home
Generic Name: Aripiprazole Solution (ay-ree-PIP-ray-zole)
Brand Name: Abilify
Abilify Solution is an atypical antipsychotic. When used in elderly patients with psychosis related to dementia, atypical antipsychotics have been shown to increase the risk of death. Most deaths were related to heart problems
(eg, heart failure) or infections (eg, pneumonia).
Abilify Solution is not approved for the treatment of patients with psychosis related to dementia.
Abilify Solution is used for:
Treating schizophrenia and certain symptoms of bipolar disorder. It may be used to treat other conditions as determined by your doctor.
Abilify Solution is a psychotropic. The exact way Abilify Solution works is not fully known. It appears to balance certain chemicals in the brain that affect many brain processes.
Do NOT use Abilify Solution if:
- you are allergic to any
ingredient in Abilify Solution
Contact your doctor or health care provider right away if any of these apply to you.
Before using Abilify Solution:
Some medical conditions may interact with Abilify Solution. Tell your doctor or pharmacist if you have any medical conditions, especially if any of the following apply to you:
- if you are pregnant, plan to become pregnant, or are breast-feeding
- if you are taking any prescription or nonprescription medicine, herbal preparation, or dietary supplement
- if you have allergies to medicines, foods, or other substances
- if you have heart problems, a history of stroke, dementia, dehydration, seizures, Alzheimer disease, swallowing problems, diabetes, depression or other mental/mood disorders, or a history of suicidal thoughts or attempts
- if you have had an allergic reaction to medicines called neuroleptics
Some MEDICINES MAY INTERACT with Abilify Solution. Tell your health care provider if you are taking any other medicines, especially any of the following:
- Carbamazepine because the effectiveness of Abilify Solution may be decreased
- Imidazoles (eg, ketoconazole), quinidine, selective serotonin reuptake inhibitors (SSRIs) (eg, fluoxetine), or voriconazole because the side effects or toxic effects of Abilify Solution may be increased
This may not be a complete list of all interactions that may occur. Ask your health care provider if Abilify Solution may interact with other medicines that you take. Check with your health care provider before you start, stop, or change the dose of any medicine.
How to use Abilify Solution:
Use Abilify Solution as directed by your doctor. Check the label on the medicine for exact dosing instructions.
- Abilify Solution may be taken with or without food.
- Use a
measuring device marked for medicine dosing. Ask your pharmacist for help if you are unsure of how to measure your dose.
- Take Abilify Solution regularly in order to get the most benefit from it. To help you remember, take it at the same time each day.
- It may take several weeks for Abilify Solution to work.
- Continue to take Abilify Solution even if you feel well.
- If you miss a dose of Abilify Solution, take it as soon as possible. If it is almost time for your next dose, skip the missed dose and go back to your regular dosing schedule. Do not take 2 doses at once.
Ask your health care provider any questions you may have about how to use Abilify Solution.
Important safety information:
- Abilify Solution may cause drowsiness, dizziness, lightheadedness, or blurred vision. Do not drive, operate machinery, or do anything else that could be dangerous until you know how you react to Abilify Solution.
drinking alcohol or taking other medications that cause drowsiness
(eg, sedatives, tranquilizers) while taking Abilify Solution. Abilify Solution will add to the effects of alcohol and other depressants. Ask your pharmacist if you have questions about which medicines are depressants.
- Neuroleptic malignant syndrome (NMS) is a potentially deadly syndrome associated with Abilify Solution. Symptoms include increased body heat; muscle rigidness; altered mental abilities, including lack of response to your surroundings;
irregular pulse and blood pressure; increased heart rate; sweating; irregular heart rhythm. Contact your doctor at once if any of these symptoms occur.
- Involuntary and uncontrollable movements may develop in patients taking Abilify Solution. Occurrence is highest among the elderly, especially women. The risk of developing these involuntary movements and the likelihood they will become permanent are increased with long-term use and with high doses. However it
is possible to develop these symptoms after short-term treatment at low doses. Contact your health care provider at once if any of the following occur: Involuntary movements of tongue, face, mouth or jaw (eg, protrusion of tongue, puffing of cheeks, puckering of mouth, chewing movements), sometimes accompanied by involuntary movements of the arms and legs.
- Abilify Solution may reduce sweating. Do not become overheated in hot weather, during exercise, or during other activities because the risk of heatstroke may be increased.
- Abilify Solution may increase your risk of developing diabetes or increase blood sugar levels. High blood sugar levels can cause serious problems if left untreated. Contact your doctor for more information.
- Diabetes patients - Abilify Solution contains sugar and may affect your blood sugar. Check blood sugar levels closely and ask your doctor before adjusting the dose of your diabetes medicine.
- LAB TESTS, including
fasting blood sugar levels, may be performed to monitor your progress. Be sure to keep all doctor and lab appointments.
- Use Abilify Solution with caution in the ELDERLY because they may be more sensitive to its effects.
- Abilify Solution is not recommended for use in CHILDREN; safety and effectiveness have not been confirmed.
- PREGNANCY and BREAST-FEEDING: If you become pregnant, discuss with your doctor the benefits and risks of using Abilify Solution during pregnancy. It is unknown if Abilify Solution is excreted in breast milk. Do not breast-feed while taking Abilify Solution.
Possible side effects of Abilify Solution:
All medicines may cause side effects, but many people have no, or minor, side effects. Check with your doctor if any of these most COMMON side effects persist or become bothersome:
Seek medical attention right away if any of these SEVERE side effects occur:
Blurred vision; change in weight; constipation; coughing; dizziness;
drowsiness; headache; increased amount of saliva; indigestion; lightheadedness;
restlessness; runny nose; sore throat; tremor; trouble sleeping; upset stomach; vomiting.
Severe allergic reactions (rash; hives; difficulty breathing; tightness in the chest; swelling of the mouth, face, lips, or tongue); abnormal walking;
chest pain; confusion or mental changes (eg, anxiety, agitation); convulsions;
decreased amount of urine; difficulty swallowing; drooling; fever; incoordination;
increased thirst, urination, or appetite; increased sweating or body temperature;
involuntary movements of the tongue, face, mouth, jaw, arms, legs, or back
(eg, puffing of cheeks, puckering of mouth, chewing movements); lightheadedness or fainting when rising from a seated or lying position; loss of control over urination; muscle pain or tenderness; muscle tremor, jerking, or stiffness;
pale skin; seizures; severe restlessness; shortness of breath; slow or fast heartbeat; swelling of the arms or legs; thoughts of
hurting yourself; unusual bruising under your skin; unusual tiredness or weakness; vision changes.
This is not a complete list of all side effects that may occur. If you have questions or need medical advice about side effects, contact your doctor or health care provider. You may report side effects to the FDA at 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088) or at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch.
If OVERDOSE is suspected:
Contact 1-800-222-1222 (the American Association of Poison Control Centers), your local poison control center (http://www.aapcc.org/findyour.htm), or emergency room immediately. Symptoms may include drowsiness; persistent vomiting.
Proper storage of Abilify Solution:
Store in the refrigerator at 36 to 46 degrees F (2 to 8 degrees C). Store open bottles of solution in the refrigerator. Bottles may be used for up to 6 months after opening. Keep Abilify Solution out of the reach of
children and away from pets.
- If you have any questions about Abilify Solution, please talk with your doctor, pharmacist, or other health care provider.
- Abilify Solution is to be used only by the patient for whom it is prescribed. Do not share it with other people.
- If your symptoms do not improve or if they become worse, check with your doctor.
This information is a summary only. It does not contain all information about Abilify Solution. If you have questions about the medicine you are taking or would like more information, check with your doctor, pharmacist, or other health care provider.
Issue Date: November 1, 2006
Database Edition 06.4.1.002
Copyright © 2006 Wolters Kluwer Health, Inc.
Where can I get more information about Abilify Solution ? We recommend to use www.Drugs.com
Typical mistypes for Abilify Solution
zbilify solution, sbilify solution, wbilify solution, qbilify solution, avilify solution, anilify solution, ahilify solution, agilify solution, abulify solution, abjlify solution, abklify solution, abolify solution, ab9lify solution, ab8lify solution, abikify solution, abipify solution, abioify solution, abilufy solution, abiljfy solution, abilkfy solution, abilofy solution, abil9fy solution, abil8fy solution, abilidy solution, abilicy solution, abilivy solution, abiligy solution, ability solution, abiliry solution, abilift solution, abilifg solution, abilifh solution, abilifu solution, abilif7 solution, abilif6 solution, abilify aolution, abilify zolution, abilify xolution, abilify dolution, abilify eolution, abilify wolution, abilify silution, abilify sklution, abilify sllution, abilify splution, abilify s0lution, abilify s9lution, abilify sokution, abilify sopution, abilify sooution, abilify solytion, abilify solhtion, abilify soljtion, abilify solition, abilify sol8tion, abilify sol7tion, abilify solurion, abilify solufion, abilify solugion, abilify soluyion, abilify solu6ion, abilify solu5ion, abilify solutuon, abilify solutjon, abilify solutkon, abilify solutoon, abilify solut9on, abilify solut8on, abilify solutiin, abilify solutikn, abilify solutiln, abilify solutipn, abilify soluti0n, abilify soluti9n, abilify solutiob, abilify solutiom, abilify solutioj, abilify solutioh, bilify solution, ailify solution, ablify solution, abiify solution, abilfy solution, abiliy solution, abilif solution, abilifysolution, abilify olution, abilify slution, abilify soution, abilify soltion, abilify soluion, abilify soluton, abilify solutin, abilify solutio, bailify solution, aiblify solution, abliify solution, abiilfy solution, abilfiy solution, abiliyf solution, abilif ysolution, abilifys olution, abilify oslution, abilify sloution, abilify soultion, abilify soltuion, abilify soluiton, abilify solutoin, abilify solutino, aabilify solution, abbilify solution, abiilify solution, abillify solution, abiliify solution, abiliffy solution, abilifyy solution, abilify solution, abilify ssolution, abilify soolution, abilify sollution, abilify soluution, abilify soluttion, abilify solutiion, abilify solutioon, abilify solutionn, etc.
|© Copyright by drug-information.ru 2001-2012. All rights reserved|