|Drugs search, click the first letter of a drug name:
| A | B | C | D | E | F | G | H | I | J | K | L | M | N | O | P | Q | R | S | T | U | V | W | X | Y | Z | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 8 | 9 Home
Generic Name: Amphotericin B Lipid Injection (am-foe-TER-ih-sin B)
Brand Name: Abelcet
Abelcet is used for:
Treating invasive fungal infections in patients who cannot tolerate other forms of Abelcet .
Abelcet is an antifungal antibiotic. It works by killing the fungus and preventing its reproduction.
Do NOT use Abelcet if:
- you are allergic to any ingredient in Abelcet
- you are taking an azole antifungal (eg, ketoconazole)
Contact your doctor or health care provider right away if any of these apply to you.
Before using Abelcet :
Some medical conditions may interact with Abelcet . Tell your doctor or pharmacist if you have any medical conditions, especially if any of the following apply to you:
- if you are pregnant, planning to become pregnant,
or are breast-feeding
- if you are taking any prescription or nonprescription medicine, herbal preparation, or dietary supplement
- if you have allergies to medicines, foods, or other substances
- if you have kidney problems
Some MEDICINES MAY INTERACT with Abelcet . Tell your health care provider if you are taking any other medicines, especially any of the following:
- Azole antifungals (eg, ketoconazole)
because the effectiveness of Abelcet may be decreased
- Aminoglycoside antibiotics (eg, gentamicin), antineoplastic medicines
(eg, cisplatin), cyclosporine, or pentamidine because side effects, such as kidney problems, may occur
- Leukocyte transfusions because side effects, such as lung problems, may occur
- Corticosteroids (eg, prednisone) or corticotropin because side effects,
such as heart problems, may occur
- Digoxin, flucytosine, skeletal muscle relaxants (eg, tubocurarine), or zidovudine because side effects and toxic effects may be increased
This may not be a complete list of all interactions that may occur. Ask your health care provider if Abelcet may interact with other medicines that you take. Check with your health care provider before you start, stop, or change the dose of any medicine.
How to use Abelcet :
Use Abelcet as directed by your doctor. Check the label on the medicine for exact dosing instructions.
- Abelcet is usually administered as an injection at your doctor"s office, hospital, or clinic. If you are using Abelcet at home, carefully follow the injection procedures taught to you by your health care provider.
- If Abelcet contains particles or is discolored, or if the vial is cracked or damaged in any way, do not use it.
- To clear up
your infection completely, continue using Abelcet for the full course of treatment even if you feel better in a few days. Do not miss any doses.
- Keep this product, as well as syringes and needles, out of the reach of children. Do not reuse needles, syringes, or other materials. Dispose of properly after use. Ask your doctor or pharmacist to explain local regulations for proper disposal.
- If you miss a dose of Abelcet , contact your doctor immediately.
Ask your health care provider any questions you may have about how to use Abelcet .
Important safety information:
- Abelcet may cause dizziness. Do not drive, operate machinery, or do anything else that could be dangerous until you know how you react to Abelcet . Using Abelcet alone, with certain other medicines, or with alcohol may lessen your ability to drive or perform other potentially dangerous tasks.
- It is important to use Abelcet
for the full course of treatment. Failure to do so may decrease the effectiveness of Abelcet and may increase the risk that the fungus will no longer be sensitive to Abelcet and will not be able to be treated by this or certain other antibiotics in the future.
- To reduce side effects, your doctor may prescribe other medicines before the administration of Abelcet .
- LAB TESTS, including kidney function, liver function, blood counts, and serum electrolytes, may be performed to monitor your progress or to check for side effects. Be sure to keep all doctor and lab appointments.
- Use Abelcet with extreme caution in newborn CHILDREN. Safety and effectiveness in this age group have not been confirmed.
- PREGNANCY and BREAST-FEEDING: If you become pregnant while taking Abelcet , discuss with your doctor the benefits and risks of using Abelcet during pregnancy. It is unknown if Abelcet is excreted
in breast milk. Do not breast-feed while taking Abelcet .
Possible side effects of Abelcet :
All medicines may cause side effects, but many people have no, or minor, side effects. Check with your doctor if any of these most COMMON side effects persist or become bothersome:
Seek medical attention right away if any of these SEVERE side effects occur:
Chills; coughing; fever; headache; loss of appetite; muscle or joint pain; nausea; rapid heartbeat; sleeplessness; stomach pain; weight loss.
Severe allergic reactions (rash; hives; itching; difficulty breathing;
tightness in the chest; swelling of the mouth, face, lips, or tongue); blood in the urine; chest pain; convulsions; dark, bloody stools; decreased urination;
diarrhea; dizziness; easy bruising or bleeding; fast breathing; fast or irregular heartbeat; hearing loss; pain, redness, or inflammation at the injection site;
swelling of the hands or feet; unusual tiredness or weakness; vomiting; yellowing of eyes or skin.
This is not a complete list of all side
effects that may occur. If you have questions or need medical advice about side effects, contact your doctor or health care provider. You may report side effects to the FDA at 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088) or at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch.
If OVERDOSE is suspected:
Contact 1-800-222-1222 (the American Association of Poison Control Centers), your local poison control center (http://www.aapcc.org/findyour.htm), or emergency room immediately.
Proper storage of Abelcet :
Store Abelcet under refrigeration, between 36 and 46 degrees F
(2 and 8 degrees C). Do not freeze. After mixing, follow the storage instructions provided by your doctor or other health care provider. Store away from heat, moisture, and light. Do not store in the bathroom. Keep Abelcet out of the reach of children and away from pets.
- If you have any questions about Abelcet , please talk with your doctor,
pharmacist, or other health care provider.
- Abelcet is to be used only by the patient for whom it is prescribed. Do not share it with other people.
- If your symptoms do not improve or if they become worse, check with your doctor.
This information is a summary only. It does not contain all information about Abelcet . If you have questions about the medicine you are taking or would like more information, check with your doctor, pharmacist, or other health care provider.
Issue Date: November 1, 2006
Database Edition 06.4.1.002
Copyright © 2006 Wolters Kluwer Health, Inc.
Where can I get more information about Abelcet ? We recommend to use www.Drugs.com
Typical mistypes for Abelcet
zbelcet, sbelcet, wbelcet, qbelcet, avelcet, anelcet, ahelcet, agelcet, abwlcet, abslcet, abdlcet, abrlcet, ab4lcet, ab3lcet, abekcet, abepcet, abeocet, abelxet, abelvet, abelfet, abeldet, abelcwt, abelcst, abelcdt, abelcrt, abelc4t, abelc3t, abelcer, abelcef, abelceg, abelcey, abelce6, abelce5, belcet, aelcet, ablcet, abecet, abelet, abelct, abelce, baelcet, aeblcet, ablecet, abeclet, abelect, abelcte, aabelcet, abbelcet, abeelcet, abellcet, abelccet, abelceet, abelcett, etc.
|© Copyright by drug-information.ru 2001-2019. All rights reserved|